News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kaiserlische SeeBattalion 2 Regiment in Flanders in fall of 1917

Hallo Gents,

Loking for info regarding Kaiserlische Marine S.B. especially 6./VI. B. Jnf. Ers. Truppe in Flanders in the end of 1917. 

Can anyone point me in right direction - where to start. Would like to get some pics and retrace unit  movement in fall of 1917

but any info related to this unit prior to 1917 will be also greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for time and effort and  if I posted my query in wrong place - Please be kind and forgive me and feel free to move it accordingly. 

Regards,

Fritzel

Hi all,

I have been interested in the Naval Land Forces (Infantry) in the WWI cause my wife's grand father served in 6 Kompanie VI Battalion 2 Regiment from 1914 till 1917 (then  he got injured ) 

I have not been able to find any real info on this unit. So Please help !!!

Does anyone have any info on them? General info, order of battle etc?

Any hepl will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

FRITZEL

IMG_1924.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...

Fritzel : The Imperial German Navy counted with two types of Land Force , one the Seebataillone , the other the MatrosenRegiment . the first were like the Marines , the other were sailors with infantry training and  equipment . Take alook to the site www. germancolonial uniforms co uk 

On 19.5.2017 at 23:19, FRITZEL said:

SHould read as follow : Is this a uniform  from 

Leib-Grenadier-Regiment König Friedrich Wilhelm III (1. Brandenburgisches) Nr.8 

Hi,

cuff and collar match, shoulder board unidentifyable from this perspective. Helmet should ideally look like this:

frankfurt.png.750fa151ca443ad3ae2d1d73b13bf8f7.png

However, the bush was only worn on top of the helmet during parades and other official or festive occassions.

So, from my view could well be the unit you specufied.

GreyC

Edited by GreyC

• 5 months later...

Hallo GreyC, 

Sorry for belated reply , I was out of the country attending family matters. Thank you for taking time to reply and for update and info. Eventually this young lad from pic end up in Kaiserlische  SeeBatalion No.2.

In fall of 1917  he was badly wounded at Passendale / PoelKapelle ( November 1917  last battle of Flanders Schlacht) 

54BC0A0D-3ABD-4163-8F5A-90979F5233D6.jpeg

Hallo all,

Gents, at last battle of Flanders November 1917  2nd Regiment SeeBatalion was deployed at PoelKapelle Belgium - enybody knows where  exactly and which unit they relieved? ( See attached map scan below )

B9064C0C-1EC4-4D36-B7A8-F13EF36E283D.jpeg

On 9 October 1917   The bombardment which accompanied the attack was carefully timed and took the Germans by surprise. The British ( actually Canadians - Germans referred to all as Englander ) also used “Livens Projectors “  to shower poison gas on various parts of the German front. Livens Projector was a simple large caliber mortar-like weapon that could throw large drums filled with flammable or toxic chemicals. 

Do you have any info on that last push at PoelKapelle in October 1917 - any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards, 

Fritzel

099D874D-A231-4A30-8094-CCB2D6EA11C7.jpeg

Hallo Gent,

Anyone with any info ? Especially order of battle or units disposition on German side in that last phase of battle , I am interested in  dates from 1 October till 12 October. What units  and where deployed or who relieved 119 and 125 Regiments around Poelkapelle ? Please Help ...