News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

One-piece-constuction EK I 1939

Gentlemen,

One-piece-construction EK I maker marked 60, Katz & Deyhle, Pfortzheim. 50 years ago and even today, people think, if on an Iron cross (2nd class) the core does not "rattle" it was fake. Now we know those "one piece" examples have been manufactured and do exist. Please can I have your opinion on this one. Thank you.

068.JPG.3fe4f0701e81d167fd80e78babb54dc2.JPG  072.JPG.1ad8ea48aa088553eba5bf2e190481a9.JPG076.JPG.e55615960a39a3ca6bbb748bf111738d.JPG079.JPG.7b0b1ebcf71af7605a9ba8e6ce44a1f8.JPG081.thumb.JPG.ffaa375bef1a881a202c1b2112e0e9d3.JPG

One-piece crosses exist yes, but unfortunately this cross is a fake. A known and common fake and for starters, Katz & Deyhle made EK2, but not EK1!

I hope you can return this piece to the seller

Thank you for your reply, not something one likes to hear, but I have contacted the person who sold me the cross. It looks convincing with all the age patina etc.

Fakes look convincing or they would not work!

Edit what I mean is that they are getting better all the time and some of the older ones are showing signs of natural age and patina too so it is getting harder all the time to tell them apart.

Edited by Jock Auld

• 1 year later...