Gentleman's Military Interest Club
christerd

A new Finnish Cross , Non Fighter

It have been tough to get new objects to my collection of Finnish Orders , but today a new one arrived in the mail

1941 Liberty Cross 4th Class with Red Cross , awarded about 800 times , mostly to medics and doctors .

This one is in almost mint condtion , Now I have to look for a Civilian 4th class :)

Christer

P1050178.JPG

P1050179.JPG

Hi Christer

Very nice cross, thanks for sharing it with us

Christophe

On 6.06.2017 at 21:26, christerd said:

/.../ Now I have to look for a Civilian 4th class :)

Like this ? :)

Tomasz

FIN_LC4_41B.jpg

Nice ones, the civilian 4.class 1941 is twice as rare as the one with a red cross.

Lucky for me that I only collect the combatant versions of the crosses or I'd probably be silver-haired already while trying to find these non-combatant versions... :)

1 hour ago, Dansson said:

Nice ones, the civilian 4.class 1941 is twice as rare as the one with a red cross.

Yes, I have seen them only one time for sale, since I am collecting Finnish decorations (3-4 years). But I still haven't any version with the red cross...

greetings
Tomasz

Hi

This is mine Red Cross.It looks like bronze one could somebody post a foto of all Finis Red CRoss medals how many classes and year variants

Best Regards

Jovan Mara

NIKON FOLDER (1521).JPG

1 minute ago, jovanmara said:

Hi

This is mine Red Cross.It looks like bronze one could somebody post a foto of all Finis Red CRoss medals how many classes and year variants

Best Regards

Jovan Mara

NIKON FOLDER (1521).JPG

Vey Nice Jovan , Most probably awarded to a Swedish Volunteer in 1939 war (4th class with swords)  and then he come back in 1941 as a medic ? and got the 4th class with red cross 1941.

There was Red Cross from 1918,1939, 1941  on 2nd class medal , 1st class medal . 4th class Order , 3rd class order and the extreme rare 2nd class order 1939 ( 2 awarded)

Thank You Christed

Any foto if it is possible or link please

Actually there are a very few crosses with red cross awarded after WW2 without year on the back.

According to my information the awarded number is as follows.

VR3 awarded 6 times
VR4 awarded 14 times

My VR4 on the pictures is the only known example made of hallmarked silver! Z8 = 2001

Just let me know if you want pics of any of the other crosses/medals with red cross. I have all except VR3 1918, VM1 1918 and VR3 without year.

The liberty crosses without year is very difficult to find since most of those who got one is still alive.

VR4 PR Without Year Front.JPG

VR4 PR Without Year Back.JPG

Nice ones!

What other crosses do you have?

This beautiful medalbar just arrived today. Awarded to a Swedish doctor. But unfortunately I don´t have his name. Just a few photos.
A libertycross 3rd class with red cross, winterwar medal for foreigners and "Fortsättningskrigets" medal in Swedish.

The cross and medals are in mint condition.

Medalbar Front.JPG

Medalbar Back.JPG