News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bavarian Mystery Schirmmütze.....

A gentleman rider cap for a cavalry officer of the 1st or 2nd Heavy cavalry Regiments . make a proof , take the weight of this cap and that of a common one and compare both . if the crusher is lighter possibly is destined to equestrian competition 

Hi Guys,

it is indeed much lighter than a regular one. You can literally fold it into your pocket.

The seller was sneaky, he did not mention the color in the description, and in the photos it looked Field Grey!!

I suppose if I find a cavalry collector I may be able to trade it...

Best

Chris

Here is a question..... I have seen photos of prewar excercises with infantry officers on horseback.... when they arrived at the evening bivouak, would they have worn a stiff cap? Then this photo of officers with litewka on the range.... also lower brimmed caps? 1a.thumb.jpg.dd00dcdaff56717c39616c2d7a33a720.jpg1b.thumb.jpg.4d90dfdeaca83a9cf2ef85d65afd04fc.jpg

Hello : Officers normally have a soldier as ordonnanz .this assistent has many functions one to care of his boss uniforms and equipment inclusive carryng to the field and bivouak the undress uniforms . 

Hello : The service schirmmutze worn in the field was usually a stiffened one but with only the front corset whale piece into the crown . and of course the wire ring . The Reitmutze althoug mainly a Cavalry item , was not forbidden to the other officers which in essence were considered fellow gentlemen accostumed to the practice of equestrian sports . naturally , the officers of Artillery were more close to the riders ,

• 1 year later...