News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

All the examples I know of were very senior government officials. For example:

Theobald v. Bethmann-Hollweg, Reichskanzler
    Georg Graf v. Hertling, Reichskanzler
    Johann v. Dallwitz, Staathalter von Elsaß-Lothringen
    Paul v. Breitenbach, Minister der öffentlichen Arbeiten
    Rudolf Havenstein, Präsident des Reichsbanksdirektoriums
    August Lentze, Finanzminister
    Friedrich Wilhelm v. Loebell, Minister des Innern
    Siegfried Graf v. Roedern, Staatssekretär des Reichsschatzamts
    Clemens Frhr. v. Schorlemer-Lieser, Landwirtschaftsminister
    Wilhelm Solf, Staatssekretär des Reichskolonialamts
    Reinhold Sydow, Minister für Handel und Gewerbe

Dave beat me to the list,

what would also be interesting would be if someone had received an EK2 on a white ribbon, but them went into the army and recieved an EK1 for military operations..... would technically be possible I think? I think there may be an age factor there though....

For the 1870 version, there were several EK1/EK2w combinations, but the 1870 EK2 was routinely awarded on the white-black ribbon to medical personnel, which was not the case with the 1914 version.  I suppose there might be some older recalled doctors who had a 70EK2w and a 1914 EK1, as well.  Maybe even a 70EK2w with a silver Spange and an EK1, although maybe award of the Spange would imply award of the black-white ribbon.

The ribbon itself might show up for other awards. I know of at least 30 medical and intendant-types who had a Red Eagle or Crown Order with swords on the white-black ribbon from China or the colonies, and an EK1 in World War I.  Adolf Köstlin, an Intendanturrat with the Gardekorps, had the RAO4Xw and KO3Xw to go with the EK1, so his ribbon bar would have one black-white ribbon followed by two white-black, though the swords would be the giveaway there. 

Here's the 1870 list:

593cfe44cb35f_70EK1EK2w.thumb.jpg.a4f86c7caea783e74c922ce30d72b88f.jpg

On 10.6.2017 at 03:00, scottplen said:

Ok thanks !! I would love to see a picture of someone with both of the awards !

Unfortunately Clemens Frhr. v. Schorlemer-Lieser (Landwirtschaftsminister) decided not to rearrange his prewar medal bar with his Iron Cross 2nd class on white ribbon, but was wearing his 1st class.

Abb. 1a.jpg

Schorlemer,_Preußischer_Minister_für_Landwirtschaft_und_Forsten_Clemens_Freiherr_von_a.JPG

On 11/06/2017 at 18:34, Dave Danner said:

For the 1870 version, there were several EK1/EK2w combinations, but the 1870 EK2 was routinely awarded on the white-black ribbon to medical personnel, which was not the case with the 1914 version.

Dave, I have an EKI 14 to a doctor and always imagined he would've received the non-com. ribbon with his EKII, thanks for putting me right with the above comment.