News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Destroyed/modified st Stanislaus

Jonas E

I have some questions about an order of st Stanislaus that I've got.

Do you have any idea why it has been modified? (Eagles removed, ugly star attached) Can it have something to do with the revolution or is it just plain stupidity?

Why is the cross arms enameled on both sides? Shouldn't it be enamel just on the front side?

Best regards Jonas

stanislaus1.jpg

stanislaus2.jpg

stanislaus3.jpg

Hello Jonas

The modification is probably made during revolution as you have said, the hatred toward the Empire stripped the eagles and brought the star..

Regarding the originality of the order it is 100% legit. There were few manufacturers that made booth sides in enamels, French and Russian, this one is Russian made, in gold as you can see on the 56 mark.

If it was complete it would be quite rare and expensive piece!! 

What class it is?

Best regards

Joseph

P.s.

Forgot to mention, the maker is probably Dimitry Osipov...

Best

Alpha

Thanks for the information.

The size is 55*55 mm and the weight is 17.3 g so I guess it's some of the lower classes.

I bought it for the scrap value corrresponding 12g of 14k gold (240 euros) but I don't want to melt it down since I think it's an interesting historical item.

Best regards Jonas

Hello Jonas

Of course you won't melt it, as you said it is a historical item. It shows the collision of two different worlds in old Russia!

It is not lower class order, it's at least second class but it could be even first class. If it was complete the value would be from 10-15k $, this way from 1k up, depending how many collectirs like stars instead of eagles:)

So, after all, you have made a good purchace:thumbup:

Best regards

Alpha