News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Valentin Hass, DKiG winner and NSDAP #95013

Can anyone provide me some information on what happened to this guy after WWII?

I have done some extensive research on  Hass, have units, awards, and some other stuff, but I cannot find anything on if he was captured, disappeared, or lived out his life.  Any help would be appreciated.

The last known rank was Hauptmann dR and it was either as Commander of 7th Pi BN or as a Kompanie Fuhrer (Commander)  in 198th Pi BN.  It ends there.

Thanks

According to WW-2 Awards, his Wehrpass does exist in a collection somewhere. That would provide pointers to some of the answers.

And I have just found out that his Wehrpass & Soldbuch was sold on the WAF a few years ago and resides in France, but who that owner is I have not got a clue.

Edited by hucks216

7 hours ago, hucks216 said:

According to WW-2 Awards, his Wehrpass does exist in a collection somewhere. That would provide pointers to some of the answers.

And I have just found out that his Wehrpass & Soldbuch was sold on the WAF a few years ago and resides in France, but who that owner is I have not got a clue.

Thanks for the information.  As for Hass' stuff, my collector buddy told me the following about all of the original grouping: in the 1960s, the Hass family gave the grouping up to Weitze or another private collector.  It consisted of two uniforms (one with a sewn on DKiG and one with all of the metal badges )golden party badge, wehrpass, soldbuch, photos, mug, dog tag, a bunch of award documents, and enlistment document.  Finally when it all came to weitze at some point the entire group was split up and went to the four winds.  Kind of sad.  

I would love to find out what happened to him after the war because I am thinking since Hass had been a NSDAP golden member since 1933, he was probably put in a POW camp somewhere.  Well if I find anything else, I will let you know.

Thanks again