News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial flight badge attributed to Ritter Fiala von Fernbrugg

Dear people of GMIC

JP-militaria, a lesser known seller of german militaria is offering this imperial flight badge, attributed to Ritter Fiala von Fernbrugg. An austrian-hungarian ace credited with 28 aeriel victories. The only reason to assume it might be his is the ingraving in the back. Would someone on this forum who is known with imperial flight badges have a look at it? Thanks in advance

Kind regards, Laurentius

here is the link

http://jp-militaria.de/epages/c8160b69-739a-486c-b016-ca431d292e5b.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/c8160b69-739a-486c-b016-ca431d292e5b/Products/2435

Dear Jaba1914

Thank you for your reaction, it is certainly nice to have some clarification. Would you be so kind to explain how you could see that it was a bad modern copy? Thanks in advance

Kind regards Laurentius

21 hours ago, laurentius said:

I would to like both of you for your assistence in this matter

Kind regards Laurentius

1)The above reference books show the features found with genuine badges. 

2)The badge for sale by JP -militaria does not have the features found in the reference books above. 

3)The JP -militaria badge is not a genuine badge.

Q.E.D.

Dear Claudius

I friend of mine ones bought a vet-brought back Imperial flight badge and he gave me some close-ups photos from and I could clearly see the difference. i am quite shocked that I wasn't able to recognize this piece as a fake. Especially the small farmhouses in the middle of the badge are rather poorly made, Well, another lesson for me

Kind regards Laurentius

3 hours ago, laurentius said:

Dear Claudius

I friend of mine ones bought a vet-brought back Imperial flight badge and he gave me some close-ups photos from and I could clearly see the difference. i am quite shocked that I wasn't able to recognize this piece as a fake. Especially the small farmhouses in the middle of the badge are rather poorly made, Well, another lesson for me

Kind regards Laurentius

Hello Laurentius;

Don't be too disappointed in yourself.  It has been a long process -over the last 30 years.  We all had to "learn" what to look for after the fakes started to appear in the marketplace.