News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Search a photo of oberstleunant Hugo Wünsche (Ancestry?)

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, I am particularly interested by WW1.

The Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment Nr 91 (RIR 91) crossed my village in Belgium on August 25, 1914.
    At that time this regiment was commanded by Oberstleutnant Hugo Wünsche who came from IR 82 before the war.
    This officer then became commander of his brigade 38.B.I.R at the beginning of September 1914.
    Hugo Wünsche was wounded on 17 September, died in Hedemünden on 28 July 1915.

I found this officer on Ancestry, could anyone please look at this site?
    I am looking for a photo of oberstleutnant Hugo Wünsche.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
    Bernard

http://search.ancestry.fr/cgi-bin/sse.dll?gl=allgs&gss=sfs28_ms_r_f-2_s&new=1&rank=1&gsfn=Hugo &gsfn_x=1&gsln=Wünsche&gsln_x=1&msddy=1915&cpxt=1&cp=6&catbucket=rstp&MSAV=1&MSV=0&uidh=mo1&msddy_x=1&msddp=_x

Hi opeator,

you will most probably find his photo here:

Adolf Kümmel: "Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 91 im Weltkriege 1914 – 1918", Erinnerungsblätter Preußen Bd. 177, Oldenburg-Berlin 1926, Stalling, 473 Seiten

GreyC

Hi Gray,

Thank you for your reply.
    I know the historical book RIR 91, unfortunately there are no pictures, no illustrations, only fights cards in this book.

Best regards,
    Bernard