News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear people of GMIC

I have recently acquired this ribbonbar, which I have restored by putting a sword and a treudienst-ehrenzeichen miniature on it( there were holes in the ribbon, as indication this pieces onces where there). I would like to know if it is possible to be identified. I think it might be a hard job, even impossible maybe. But we could find out the regiment he was in or his rank?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards Laurentius

20170702_170627.jpg

Edited by laurentius

Goding dammit

I bought the hanseatic cross lubeck and the ribbonbar without the swords and the ehrenzeichen. , my seller split the group and cut the medals. She told me the hanseatic cross belonged on a bar and that was the reason there was still sowing on the ribbon. My god, I can only imagine what foul human being could do such a thing. I wouldn't have sold the hanseatic cross if I had known it was from one group. I feel terrible.

Dear peter

Thank you for your loving words, Yet I'm so surprised, the collector who sold it to me is known as a great person. I and many others have bought from her, It is very unexpected from her.

Worst thing is, I sold her a spange, got knows what has happened to that piece!

Now I see, that the DA device is a little different. So you have got ribbon bar "cleaned" from the miniatures... Sorry.

Besides, ribbons sequence in the bar is wrong, the Mecklemburg cross should be directly after the EK. This soldier was a Mecklemburger (there is also a Mecklemburg-Schwerin long service cross (or medal).

greetings
    Tomasz

Despite this terrible news, I also see it as a chance. Now we know which medals were present on the bar we could maybe see what his rank was, or his regiment? There are probably not enough medals to get a name out of it. We know that he had a 15 year LS from mecklenburg which was only given out untill 1913, Which means he joined atleast in 1898. which would explain why there isn't a centenarymedal, as that one was given out a year earlier

Kind regards Laurentius