News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thanks very much guys.:)

As Odulf says, the wreath and cockade are woven in artificial silk in the BeVo style. The cap is the Tellerform type which changed in 1935 to the saddle type.

Cheers,

Larry

BeVo wreaths were used throughout the war, especially crusher caps which could be folded up and put in a pocket. You see a lot of them applied to panzer berets.

The Tellerform shape was phased out in 1935 but continued to be worn after that time.

Here are two photos showing typical Tellerform and crusher style caps being worn.

Cheers,

Larry

img2991.jpg

The BeVo insignia, as shown in Larry's photo, are rarely seen on the Kriegsmarine cap but on the Army caps there are more common. Also note the absence of the chin strap on this type of headdress.

Odulf is correct. There are many photos of Heer crusher-type caps with silk wreaths in existance but not often seen in KM photos.

Stuka f, thanks for showing that nice example of a Heer cap with silk wreath. Is it part of your collection?

One more photo showing WH crusher in wear.

Cheers,

Larry

58.jpg

Congratulations on the latest addition to your TR collection. That is a very nice cap.

I will add another portrait to this thread. It shows a KM Administration Oberinspektor. His rank is Kapitanleutnant and he wears Elevated Career tabs on his lower sleeves. His awards include the Kriegsverdienst Kreuz in Bronze with Swords, a WW1 EK 2. a Hindenberg Kreuz with swords in light bronze. The other two medals I am not familiar with.

I have included a scan of the writing on the back. I would be most grateful if someone could try to translate it for me.

Cheers,

Larry

admin.jpg

img201.jpg

Good morning,

"Meinem sehr verehrten und geschätzten Chefarzt des Mar[ine] Lazaretts Helgoland Herrn Mar[ine] Oberstabsarzt Dr. v. Hase zum freundlichen Gedenken gewidmet.

Helgoland 15.06.1943

von Lewinski

Mar[ine] Verw[altungs] Oberinspektor und Leiter der Laz[arett] Verw[altung]"

It´s a dedication from the Mar[ine] Verw[altungs] Oberinspektor  and chief of administration of the Heligoland Naval Hospital von Lewinski to its chief surgeon Naval Oberstabsarzt Dr. v. Hase.

Hope that helps, now you know who he is and where he was active.

The 3rd medal could be a long service medal? Now that you have his name you can look him up in the Naval Ranglisten.

GreyC

Edited by GreyC

12 hours ago, GreyC said:

Good morning,

"Meinem sehr verehrten und geschätzten Chefarzt des Mar[ine] Lazaretts Helgoland Herrn Mar[ine] Oberstabsarzt Dr. v. Hase zum freundlichen Gedenken gewidmet.

Helgoland 15.06.1943

von Lewinski

Mar[ine] Verw[altungs] Oberinspektor und Leiter der Laz[arett] Verw[altung]"

It´s a dedication from the Mar[ine] Verw[altungs] Oberinspektor  and chief of administration of the Heligoland Naval Hospital von Lewinski to its chief surgeon Naval Oberstabsarzt Dr. v. Hase.

Hope that helps, now you know who he is and where he was active.

The 3rd medal could be a long service medal? Now that you have his name you can look him up in the Naval Ranglisten.

GreyC

Thank you very much for the translation. This is the second portrait KM photo in my collection that mentions the island of Heligoland. I will definitely try to find out more information about him.

Cheers,

Larry

Hi,

Here is a portrait that has me a little stumped. He wears a uniform which has anchor buttons, the cap has an anchor with what looks like a flag over the top of it. He wears a fouled anchor lapel pin together with an unidentified oval badge.

What is really odd is the WH Funkmeister career badge on his lower left arm. German Merchant Navy or perhaps a civilian company employee? All comments are welcome.

Cheers,

Larry

img202.jpg

• 3 weeks later...