News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

You might get some clue from any maker information on the back, though often the manufacture of military buttons was farmed out to other countries. The eagle buttons are all Polish. The one on the bottom right looks similar to a French artilllery button, but this motif is pretty common for artillery, so it may well be Polish too.

Chip

Thanks guys!

One has A.U Wien written on it...the lower right one....and

the two eagles are alloy..and the last one has got todz written on it...?

Had no idea really....just guessing at it...( that they were rank buttons...)

Has anyone got real prussian rank buttons they can post so i can see what they really look like?

thanking ye kindly...

Paul in NZ

• 7 months later...

Tom,

According to a Moritz Ruhl book I have, your shoulder strap button was worn by the Leib-Komp. of the Hess. 115.L.G.I.R. and the Leib-Esk. of the 23.Drag.Rgt.

Chip

Thanks, Chip. Anyone want to donate a uniform to fit it? :cheeky:

• 6 years later...

The pair of collar disks are nice. Must be from the transitional period, before the Bluse was introduced for the Bavarians. Their new design disk came out in March of 1916. These appear to be painted steel or Kriegsmetall, but with the earlier pattern Löwe. I would expect to see this pattern on the simplified Waffenröcke.

Chip

Chris,

Here are examples of the second pattern Bavarian Wappenknöpfen. At the top are a pair of Sergeant disks, then a Gefreiter pair and finally two examples from the Friedensrock.

Chip

Edited by Chip

• 1 year later...

If anyone is in for a swap of buttons, just let me know.

I haven't got much German, but I do have a lot of Belgians, French and Dutch.

Also civile buttons and buttons with nobility crest's.

cheers

|<ris