Jump to content
Gentleman's Military Interest Club
Igor Ostapenko

Leib Guard Bravery medals group

Recommended Posts

I have these medals ( without XII years cross and without spanish cross ) 

image.jpeg

russian cross of st. George number 29968

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

In 1972 y. 20 Austrian soldiers receive st. George crosses , but in russian archive we have only four names. 

image.jpeg

 

May be I can receive Information from some austrian book or archive ? 

Thank you ! :beer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Igor Ostapenko said:

I have these medals ( without XII years cross and without spanish cross ) 

image.jpeg

russian cross of st. George number 29968

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

In 1972 y. 20 Austrian soldiers receive st. George crosses , but in russian archive we have only four names. 

image.jpeg

 

May be I can receive Information from some austrian book or archive ? 

Thank you ! :beer:

Hi Igor, are you sure with the date 1972?

I think it should be 1872.

Kind regards

Andreas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Igor,

a possibility would be to contact the war archives in vienna

http://www.oesta.gv.at/site/7817/default.aspx

kapost@oesta.gv.at    

Maybe they are able to help you with your cross.

 

Which book do you use?

I am looking for a german recipient from the Germen French war 1870 / 71

http://gmic.co.uk/topic/68973-george-cross-4th-class/#comment-639468

Every help appreciated.

Kind regards

Andreas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dedehansen said:

Hi Igor,

a possibility would be to contact the war archives in vienna

http://www.oesta.gv.at/site/7817/default.aspx

kapost@oesta.gv.at    

Maybe they are able to help you with your cross.

 

Which book do you use?

I am looking for a german recipient from the Germen French war 1870 / 71

http://gmic.co.uk/topic/68973-george-cross-4th-class/#comment-639468

Every help appreciated.

Kind regards

Andreas

Andreas, 

In all books Information from this roll, 

and hier no names of soldiers - only "for austrians" , 

4 names from 20 :( 

 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

 

" may 1874" 

image.jpeg

 

 

 

Februar 1874 - visit of Imperator Franz Joseph to Russia ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Igor,

but this book has a lot of pages, is it possible

to get access to this book?

Another possibility for your cross could be the Regimentsgeschichte

from this regiment, if such one exists.

Regards
Andreas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dedehansen said:

Hi Igor,

but this book has a lot of pages, is it possible

to get access to this book?

Another possibility for your cross could be the Regimentsgeschichte

from this regiment, if such one exists.

Regards
Andreas

No Information In russian archive ... 

I sent email to Austrian :) 

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪ 

Spanish silver cross of Order of Isabelle established in 1903. 

in 1903 few austrians receive Prussian medal of Order of Red Eagle - 

Fortunatus Klun, Hof-Saal-Kammerdiener, Saaldienst, Obersthofmeister Staab, Austria Hungary; awarded 1903

Adolf Zimmerman, Hof-Saal-Türhüter, Saaldienst, Obersthofmeister Staab, Austria Hungary; awarded 1903

Thomas Drozda, Hof-Saal-Türhüter, Saaldienst, Obersthofmeister Staab, Austria Hungary; awarded 1903

Franz Fahnier, Hof-Saal-Türhüter, Saaldienst, Obersthofmeister Staab, Austria Hungary; awarded 1903

Josef Kramlinger, Hof-Saal-Türhüter, Saaldienst, Obersthofmeister Staab, Austria Hungary; awarded 1903

Josef Blaha, Hof-Saal-Türhüter, Saaldienst, Obersthofmeister Staab, Austria Hungary; awarded 1903

Georg Schögl, Hof-Saal-Türhüter, Saaldienst, Obersthofmeister Staab, Austria Hungary; awarded 1903 

Information from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Red_Eagle#Medal_for_Enlisted_Men

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Igor,

but these sides you are showing, are not from an austrian hungarian archive.

They are handwritten in Russian  and the form of the book has

Russian characters too. :(

Regards
Andreas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×