News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello 03fahnen;

I can see why you love this ribbon bar, but I don't think your ribbon bar is simple.  I think it speaks volumes! 

Obviously a veteran of the northern Western Front and proud of all his engagements he was involved in.  The bar was made shortly after the war's end and he quickly acquired all of the available veteran's medals he could find (and the battle bars).  He was old fashion or thrifty, or both.  He liked the look of a old-type wider bar that would have adequate room for his battle bars.  The clips so that he could have the medals dangle below or off depending on the social occasion.  I think he wore the bar many times without them, and he wore it often.  He either didn't want to change his bar after 1934, or he had an entirely new bar made with the Hindenburg Cross on it.  

thank you for showing it!