News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Order of the Partisan Star 3rd Grade

I went through all division I have not found this order in the case.That is why I started a new topic.Of course I have some orders of this grade-Mondvor,but there is no necessity to show them,they are not rare.But The order in the case it is interesting to see.Probably, the order was awarded  to a Czech.Number 98642,case-8x7cm.

1008761651.jpg

1008761651_1.jpg

1008761651_2.jpg

1008761651_4.jpg

Edited by nickstrenk

45 minutes ago, Egorka said:

Nick, do you know if there is any chance to trace the number and find the recipient?

As far as I know research is not possible, I don't know anyone who managed to so.
    There were even talks that the archive of the Chancery of Orders was destroyed but I'm not sure about that.

2 hours ago, paja said:

I think there were a few cased ones in the "Yugoslavian Partisan Stars" topic. Anyway very nice catch, thanks for the photos! 
    Are you sure about the number? 

Thanks for reading of the topic,number is 9864.

Is there by any chance an corresponding number on the bottom of the case?

That was quite regular in those times.

Once again congratulations.

Concerning the files from the Chancery, still haven't seen a single one. It could be done in another way: to check all names of the recipients from Czechoslovakia through the Official gazette, or trough the corresponding files in the Ministry of foreign affairs. 

Edited by Daffy Duck

15 hours ago, Daffy Duck said:

Is there by any chance an corresponding number on the bottom of the case?

That was quite regular in those times.

Once again congratulations.

Concerning the files from the Chancery, still haven't seen a single one. It could be done in another way: to check all names of the recipients from Czechoslovakia through the Official gazette, or trough the corresponding files in the Ministry of foreign affairs. 

I am sorry for making the mistake.The correct number of the Star in the case is 9430.

• 6 months later...

A lot of the Orders of the Partisan Stars of the Soviet Production are for sale now-I saw at least 50 pieces in Bratislava during Bratislava Collectors Days on the tables.My question.What was the reason to start with the production of these orders in IKOM Zagreb,when the orders of Soviet production-Mondvor left?

Now their price fell down rapidly.

9b095b55-3887-42a5-b01e-2b873789b402.jpg

79890d36-f0f1-4784-ab59-a9630ceceed8.jpg

fc6bb1f4-3caa-44ab-a60f-0d7eb9a24d6f.jpg

• 1 month later...
    5 hours ago, seb16trs said:

Do you have any ideas for explaining the huge quantities and cheap prices of all this amount of stars?

No,I do not have.Simply,some dealers from former Yugoslavia sell them in Bratislava in June in Collectors Days every year.I bought mine quite expenisive about 10 years ago.What a pity,I did not wait to these days.

58 minutes ago, seb16trs said:

Thank you for your input. So we could conclude that Belgrade mint had huge stocks of unissued orders in 1992...

The stocs are of the Moscow Mint-Монетный двор.This way I do not understand,what was the reason to produce the orders in IKOM Zagreb when there were Soviet types left.

In my collectors experience we can speak only about the Orders of Partisan Stars,but not about the Partisan Spomenica,or the Bravery Order  those were produced also in Moscow Mint.

I bought mine quite expensive about 10 years ago. What a pity,I did not wait to these days.

It's crazy, isn't it?  I'm not a huge collector with a big budget but I've never seen prices actually go down like this.  And these are not cheap, tin awards; in many cases they are real silver.  Nor were they awarded in hundreds of thousands or millions; they are fairly rare.  It's just crazy... :D

It's crazy, isn't it?  I'm not a huge collector with a big budget but I've never seen prices actually go down like this.  And these are not cheap, tin awards; in many cases they are real silver.  Nor were they awarded in hundreds of thousands or millions; they are fairly rare.  It's just crazy... :D

It is the same situation with Czechoslovak awards.The price of the Order of Labour was 25 years ago about 1500crowns,cca 50$,the price of the The Slovak Bravery 1st grade was 1200crowns/40$.Now the price of Labour Order is 1500crowns and nobody wants it without certificate,but the price of the Bravery/Za hrdinstvo is more than 1000euro.

Some prices of some awards are rising up,but some are dropping down.Inceadibly are high the prices of gold coins.

Edited by nickstrenk

"Incredibly are high the prices of gold coins."

Yep.  Gold took a huge price jump a few years back and while the spot price has dropped some it still retains value.  Silver went up as well at the same time, and then went down slowly but has not seen the same perceived value.  At least in my opinion.

What's a few good Communist Czechoslovak awards to look after with a tight budget? 

"Incredibly are high the prices of gold coins."

Yep.  Gold took a huge price jump a few years back and while the spot price has dropped some it still retains value.  Silver went up as well at the same time, and then went down slowly but has not seen the same perceived value.  At least in my opinion.

What's a few good Communist Czechoslovak awards to look after with a tight budget? 

Eric,only Order of Klement Gottwald is being looked for by the collectors  and the Order of Friendship with the certificate....Czechoslovak Medals of Work-Československé vyznamenanie práce ,too.Other awards are out of interest.