Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Hello,

Today i was lucky to have received the following big medal bar, along with the Medal bar a kind of Dogtag was also included, this has the following "R.J.R. 212. 10 K 21". This stands for the 10./Reserve Infanterie Regiment 212 and the Nr. 21 might stand for the former owners Kriegsstammrollen Entry.

All opinions are welcome.

Cordial greetings,

20170808_115855.jpg

I do like the set a lot!

How the silk ribbon of the Iron Cross is worn where the ring is located, tells us already a lot of how long this set has been together :) 

212th Reserve Infantry Regiment was a Hanseatic regiment, raised in Hamburg and Bremen. Interesting, why a Bavarian Long Service Medal here?

Hello,

Thank you both! Indeed the R.I.R. 212 was a Hanseatic Rgt, as such the former owner probably got his Hanseatic Cross! He might have been a former Landwehr Soldier (Bavarian Born) who was reactivated for WWI Service and then served in the R.I.R. 212 throughout the War.

If the Mark shows his "Kriegsstammrollen" Nr. (21), then it go's into the direction of a older soldier (Uffz or alike?) who was drafted in the 10 Kp./R.I.R. 212

The "YPERN" Bar also points into the direction of a soldier who was active with the Rgt. during 1914/1915 Period.

Cordial greetings

Hello

And the Reverse of the Medalbar.

Cordial greetings

20170808_115932.jpg

Clear :) Very nice looking bar. The Hanseatic Hamburg cross is a privately purchased Spangenstück.

greetings
Tomasz

Especially the back differ form the awarded originals. But your type is for sure less common :) 

HAM_HK_MA7.jpg

HAM_HK_MR7.jpg

HAM_HKSM.jpg

HAM_HKSMR.jpg

PS. Also the door is different. Interesting piece :thumbup:

Yeah, the Bavarian LS is odd, but it happened-I have a Bavarians' Hamburg citizenship certificate given to him by the city Senate in 1914 along with his original Luitpold medal certificate. Later he served in RIR76. I got it from Detlev. I bet this chap was a Feldwebel or even a Feldwebel-Lt.

Hello

Thank you for the reply! Indeed i also think in the way of a senior NCO, iff only the Kriegsstammrolle from the R.I.R. 212 would pop up, then we can identify this soldier  almost 99 % certain.

Cordial greetings,