News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

Today i was lucky to have received the following big medal bar, along with the Medal bar a kind of Dogtag was also included, this has the following "R.J.R. 212. 10 K 21". This stands for the 10./Reserve Infanterie Regiment 212 and the Nr. 21 might stand for the former owners Kriegsstammrollen Entry.

All opinions are welcome.

Cordial greetings,

20170808_115855.jpg

Hello,

Thank you both! Indeed the R.I.R. 212 was a Hanseatic Rgt, as such the former owner probably got his Hanseatic Cross! He might have been a former Landwehr Soldier (Bavarian Born) who was reactivated for WWI Service and then served in the R.I.R. 212 throughout the War.

If the Mark shows his "Kriegsstammrollen" Nr. (21), then it go's into the direction of a older soldier (Uffz or alike?) who was drafted in the 10 Kp./R.I.R. 212

The "YPERN" Bar also points into the direction of a soldier who was active with the Rgt. during 1914/1915 Period.

Cordial greetings

Hello

And the Reverse of the Medalbar.

Cordial greetings

20170808_115932.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, the Bavarian LS is odd, but it happened-I have a Bavarians' Hamburg citizenship certificate given to him by the city Senate in 1914 along with his original Luitpold medal certificate. Later he served in RIR76. I got it from Detlev. I bet this chap was a Feldwebel or even a Feldwebel-Lt.

• 3 months later...
    • 4 months later...
    On 08/09/2017 at 04:57, Ulsterman said:

Yeah, the Bavarian LS is odd, but it happened-I have a Bavarians' Hamburg citizenship certificate given to him by the city Senate in 1914 along with his original Luitpold medal certificate. Later he served in RIR76. I got it from Detlev. I bet this chap was a Feldwebel or even a Feldwebel-Lt.

So, what is his name?

On 08/08/2017 at 17:08, tompress said:

Clear :) Very nice looking bar. The Hanseatic Hamburg cross is a privately purchased Spangenstück.

greetings
    Tomasz

I have read and re-read these postings and remain confused as to what an official version of one of these looks like! I have a few German medal bars including a paired EK and Hamburg medal, so, which of the above is an official version please!:unsure:

Thanks so much Tomasz for that speedy reply! Here is what I have - I am not the best of photographers so in artificial light and in flash. Looks to be an original? 

bremen 01.jpg

bremen 02.jpg

bremen 03.jpg

bremen 04.jpg

Thanks - came from a reputable dealer in the UK but I am not really a medal collector, I just wanted some good examples of German WW1 medals 'to have and to hold'(!) with my small imperial geraman collection of bits and pieces!