News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 weeks later...

dond,

Sorry for the delay. I like these regimental pins too. There are more and more collectors bidding on them these days (I guess you can say that about any militaria!), so they are getting a bit pricey. I have had three of these for many years and the other three have come to me since the advent of ebay. Some are more common than others. You may well have seen examples of some of these, while others are quite scarce. The second from the left is the cypher of the 3.bayr.I.R., the same one that the regiment wore on their shoulder straps until 1916, when it was changed.

Sizes are not relative. I was experimenting. The J?ger pin is for the 5th J?ger Batl. The final piece consists of the regimental cypher of the 80th F?silier Rgt. superimposed over a starburst with Hessian lion in the center.

[attachmentid=34903][attachmentid=34904][attachmentid=34905][attachmentid=34906][attachmentid=34908]

Edited by Chip

The last one is my favorite, a miniature version of the wartime bayr.8.Res.Div. cap/collar tinnie, which has been customized with the addition of the regimental information. I'm showing it beside the badge, once again, size is not relative.

Chip

[attachmentid=34909][attachmentid=34913]

Edited by Chip

• 2 weeks later...

Most of my small stuff is in the process of being boxed up and stored. This is a "Verein" or veterans badge that looks as if it started out life as a clasp or pin on device and was converted to a stick pin. I found this prior to putting it with some other items, so the photo is off-the-cuff. The glare covers the word "Verein" and the rest of it is discernable.

Les

Edited by Les