News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Czechoslovak Awards of the 2nd Resistance

On 18. 8. 2017 at 16:37, nickstrenk said:

2.Czechoslovak Commemorative Medal-Czechoslovak Army Abroad

It was instituted 15.10.1943 in London by the Ministry of National Defence.It was given to Czechoslovak soldiers who served in the foreign units,also foreign soldiers could be awarded with this medal.

It was made from bronze,dimensions 36x48mm.The wreath constitutes this medal with a sword and a siiver lion down.In the reverse is the inscription in the Czech language  Czechoslovak Army Abroad.

There 3 versions of the medal

A, London issue .This medal in the picture is with small bronze labels,which show the places of the battles of Czech and Slovak soldiers:.F-France,VB-Geat Britain.Notice the differences later.

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

B,Prague issue 1945.The medals have labels-SSSR-the USSR,Střední Východ-Middle East,and again France,Great Britain and abbreviation SV-Middle East.

IMG_0937.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

C,Prague issue 1945-1947.There are some differences,e.g.the lion is screwed with the letter Z-Zineger Firm,and the letters are in the depth.

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

I am sorry but I do not have the certificate dimesions 21x30cm.I have only the Affirmance 10x20cm to Ján Prna and the Permit 7x11cm for Ján Hanulík.Also I would like to add the photo of all my medals in the etuis.

Snímek 001.jpg

Snímek 002.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

The certificate with the medal.Photo is from internet,that helps me sometimes and saves me from taking the pictures.

DSC01187.jpg

• 3 months later...
    On 25. 8. 2017 at 07:42, nickstrenk said:

C.I would like to add not only the picture of the certificate but also the bagdes of the Slovak Partisan units which acted in the Slovak National Uprising.These bagdes are popular among the collectors and they collect them.E.g.Čapajev,Egorov and Trojan.

Snímek 006.jpg

Snímek 005.jpg

Snímek 003.jpg

6724297248.jpg

A very rare document to the Badge  Partisan-Helper.

Snímek 001.jpg

• 3 months later...
    • 4 weeks later...
    On 01/09/2017 at 11:29, nickstrenk said:

The photo with all crosses toghether.

Picture 056.jpg

Picture 057.jpg

Also the Slovak Committee of Antifascists issued its award for prisoners in the concentrate camps in 1993.The dimension of the cross 4x4cm.The width of the ribbon 38mm.The cross is quite rare but not exensive.It is made from gold plated bronze.

2.jpg

1.jpg

• 2 months later...
    On 30/08/2017 at 11:35, nickstrenk said:

7.Czechoslovak Military Order for Liberty

The order was instituted 2.4.1946 as a military award for Czechoslovak and foreign citizens, who with their military acts in years 1939-1945 contributed to the liberation of Czechoslovakia. The statutes from years 1947-1949 were renewed to award also the military groups.The President or the Minister of National Defence honoured with the order.

The order had 3 grades:The Golden Star

The Silver Medal

The Bronze Medal

First  I will add only the common photo of all grades.To be continued...

IMG_8979.jpg

My good Ukrainian friend allowed me to put the Order for Liberty of 1st Grade bestowed on Carpatian Ukrainian Corporal in Reserve Jan Ivan Kočerhan.The order was bestowed in memoriam.It is not easy to find the certificate of this order to the collection.Two unusual things say about its rarity-the order was bestowed on the foreigner a with so low rank.It says about a heroic act.

scan0323.jpg

scan0325.jpg

scan0326.jpg

• 10 months later...