News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Just a GUESS but it may be M1/90 Aprech & Vrage of Leipzig, looks like a V and an A...??

They are the only firm with A and V in the company initials in the RZM lists. Suprised it is not rzm marked in a way, but I like the late war type.

Regards

Matt Gibbs

Thanks Don for posting Detlev's badge with a much clearer look at that maker mark I thought that was a K above the AV on mine but wasn't positive. Also thank you Rosenberg for showing us your pristine enamel DRK badge I have one of those as well one question how did you determine this was a Deschler made badge. :beer:

Edited by JNoble

Hi J,

I have seen an example once that had a different backside.Where mine shows the Ges.Gesch. the other one simply had "1".If you check the font of the Ges. and compare it to the GPB?s it?s a match.Of course, I may be wrong with that,on 2nd thought I rather had written which I believe to be Deschler made since there is no MM. :blush:

Regards

James, Very nice and very well documented. With serial numbers and an organization like the Red Cross, I suspect you might even be able to find out who wore (sp) them. I also notice that your black version has the same maker as Don's Frauenhilfedienst badge. I hope someday to add this version to my collection. Now I know how they should be marked. I have always steered clear of these for lack of knowledge. Thanks for showing them. Robert

Reverse, Does anyone recognize the makers logo.

Hi Guys,

That mark is actually KWM for the firm Karl Wurster Markneukirchen, RZM# M1/34. It is seen regularly on IAB's and PAB's. Here's a reference book shot.

ERIC

[attachmentid=34116]

Hi Guys,

That mark is actually KWM for the firm Karl Wurster Markneukirchen, RZM# M1/34. It is seen regularly on IAB's and PAB's. Here's a reference book shot.

ERIC

Eric,

Thank you for clearing that up, I didn't notice the K until I was looking at the picture I took of the reverse even then it's hard to see on mine. :cheers:

Edited by JNoble

• 1 month later...
    Guest Rick Research

The ?rzt/?rztin Abzeichen was literally an insignia and not a badge. I've got one shown in a 1968 rip-off reprint of an uncreditted German 1942 "all organizations" book, and the same German medical snake-on-pole embroidered design on a diamond shaped patch is shown as #4 on Plate 53 of Brian L. Davis's "Badges and Insignia of the Third Reich 1933-45."

But that's two drawings and not what the actual badge looked like--or where it was worn on which sleeve.

the sleeve dimond goes on the lower left sleeve of both the overcoat and blouse. I am including a drawing that is taken from the DRK uniform requirements for the female DRK staff. It is titled "?rztin".

What the heck kind of neck badge is being used on the tie? It almost looks like a Schwerternhelferin badge with the greek-key border design..but that would not make sense..a Schwerternhelferin badge for a doctor? I have to this date not been able to find this badge...

[attachmentid=40459]

Any information of this is appreciated!

Thanks

Christine

c483.jpg

• 11 months later...