News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Very nice.I envy you guys for the Saar marked badges! Don,there seem to be so many badges designated for the Helferin,would they wear just one at a time?

Edited by Rosenberg

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Don, its on offer from a reliable source (langemark, I believe that you have bought from him) but there is no saying that he wasn't taken in as well. I'll try to get some measurements.

I was purturbed by the heavy scratching directly under the pin.

Rergards,

Pete Hmm Rergards......Regards.

Edited by wood

Who it is from makes no difference, I've bought good items from unreliable people & bad items from reliable ones...... However this piece has been playing on my mind all afternoon, I think it would have to be an "in hand inspection".

There was a cloth cap badge which was similar design to this, I've never seen it in metal. I would expect it to have prongs, but then again I've seen cap badges with pins (the NSKOV is a prime example of one found with either) so...... What does worry me is the quality/condition of the reverse.

Here are a couple of crops showing the cloth badge I'm thinking of.

Cheers

Don

drk_2.jpg

drk_1.jpg

Hmm, yes thats interesting Don, so if (IF) it was produced in metal, this may account for the scratches/file marks, prongs removed and replaced with a pinback arrangement. Well it will cost nothing to get it sent, just to retun it, but then 70 Euro for a cap badge.....

Pete

I don't think the answer is that simple.

If the prongs had been removed, then going by the finish on the pin & catch plates the badge must have been repainted after the event as the colour matches too well. The scratches & removed paint wouldn't be caused by that.

Looking at the front, it could just be the lighting, but the base of the badge does look as though it was painted after the addition of the eagle as it looks to have been painted around.

If you get it for a look, see if there are any signs of how the eagle is attached & whether there are any remnants on the reverse of the eagle showing that there were any attachment devices on that. If it was a factory made piece I would not expect to see any leftovers of prongs or pin plate on the eagle as a fresh one would be used.

• 6 years later...
    • 3 years later...

Thank you for posting this portrait.  I know the person who owns this actual photo & has been studying this badge for a few years, he believes it be a "Dienstabzeichen für weibliche Zivilangestellte des DRK". Baisically a service badge for female civilian DRK workers.

Cheers

Don