News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

NEED HELP: BRONZE STAR MEDAL

JamesBy

Hello,gentleman:

I bought a bronze star medal few month ago,its my first USA medal,and I want to know its version ,production,date of manufacture and so on,thank you!

Aad  this medal Engraved a name"Thomase E.Davern",anyone who have this person‘s information?

JAMES

34051aedab64034f60bb8386a5c379310b551d3e.jpg

abf9d4fae6cd7b8999f57b03052442a7db330e97.jpg

aa9c6435e5dde7113bfd0376adefce1b9c166106.jpg

d0af12deb48f8c54226584af30292df5e2fe7fff.jpg

On 2017/8/26 at 21:51, peter monahan said:

Unfortunately it is not simple to research a veteran from WWII.  here is the e-dress of the National Archives, but apparently one needs to know from which state the veteran came to make much progress. :(

Good luck.

thank you, I found the info

• 2 months later...
    On August 25, 2017 at 05:44, Megan said:

That's the style awarded during WW2.

Late WW2 to be precise too, the BS Case like this one is typical Late WW2-Post WW2 issue with the steel reinforcement plates in the top and bottom of the case. The Ribbon Bar looks to be post WW2 issue as does the lapel badge. The engraving is commercially done and well executed IMO (typical 1940's style as well, looks like it could be from an ad agency with that kind of kilter and font). 

I did find an Obituary for a Master Sgt. Thomas E. Davern of San Antonio, Texas who served in WW2, Korea and Vietnam. He was born in 1920 and passed away in 2009. The timeline for an award like this certainly could be possible, especially if he was a triple war veteran, the Oak Leaf cluster on a BSM is not uncommon for lifers. He is buried in Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery. 

Nice medal! 

• 3 months later...

Thats probably the guy. The WW2 memorial database sometimes shows veterans. Those late WW2 bronze Stars were awarded wellinto Vietnam. I thought I read in the JOMSA up until 1970 when a new contract was given.