Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Hello!

I´ve got a Hensoldt 8x30 of the 50s. It was made for the french army (stamped: Armée Francaise)

Now I need both "Okularringe". I don´t know the english word for it. Maybe eyepieces?

Does someone know, where I can get them, please?

P1010001.JPG

P5090001.JPG

Edited by The Prussian

In English we'd call them the 'eyepieces', which is actually not nearly as an exact description as 'ocular ring', the direct translation!

Bayern   

The Prussian : They are hard to find pieces , because were made of baquelite were prone to break . 

I'd suggest you contact/visit a good optics shop - some place which sells telescopes, bicoulars and so on.  They can likely measure the exact dimensions - diameter and thread pitch - of what you need and provide you with either the eyepieces or a place to order them.  However, I agree with Bayern that it may be tricky, as parts for old optics are not that common. :(

Hello Peter!

Yes, I´ve about that the piecec are rare. I asked different optc shops, but the prices they wanted to charge were so ***** high, that I could buy a complete one...

Like I said, I don´t want an 100% original one, because I don´t collect binoculars, I just need it, when we visit some battlefields.

Farkas   

Hi The Prussian 

just a thought, it's a long shot though...

but perhaps if it's just the actual glass lens' you need? Maybe these on eBay have the same size? 

IMG_2572.thumb.PNG.4bb540f518935bd8a9d74de1d06a79cf.PNG

As I said... long shot!

Best of luck with your search

tony

Farkas   

Might be worth a try for 10 pound....

The Hensoldt's are all well pricey. 300 - 400 for those....

ill keep an eye open anyway

best of luck Sir

tony

Bayern   

The Prussian : Find a friend with a complete binoculars , then a dentist technician to make an acrylic or resin copy of the rings .