News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A set of American medals of one person

JamesBy

Quite an impressive set of gongs.  I'm a little surprised that he didn't get a "V" for his Bronze Star nor Oak Leaf Clusters for his Air Medal.  These medals (unmounted) have the look of being just out of the box.  Perhaps he never had the chance to get all the doodads on the ribbons.  Or perhaps it's a set of replacements after he left active service.  

53 minutes ago, Hugh said:

Quite an impressive set of gongs.  I'm a little surprised that he didn't get a "V" for his Bronze Star nor Oak Leaf Clusters for his Air Medal.  These medals (unmounted) have the look of being just out of the box.  Perhaps he never had the chance to get all the doodads on the ribbons.  Or perhaps it's a set of replacements after he left active service.  

I THINK I KONW LITTLE ABOUT IT,ITS MY SECOND TIME BOUGHT USA MEDAL:(

• 2 weeks later...

His obit. is found at "supersabre". He died in NV in 2015. My Dad knew him at Bitburg. He got his wings at age 16. Retired a Colonel in 1969.

Looks like he had the American theater ribbon and WW2 Victory medal, with the National Defense, (2 stars) , Korean War, UN Korea, Vietnam War and Vietnamese Vietnam campaign medals as well as the usual USAF service ribbons. I do not think he had the occupation ribbon and he was out before they started handing out excessive achievement medals. 

He would have rated the Korean Korean War medal too, but they just started handing those out about ten years ago. 

Edited by Ulsterman

On 2017/9/8 at 11:02, Ulsterman said:

His obit. is found at "supersabre". He died in NV in 2015. My Dad knew him at Bitburg. He got his wings at age 16. Retired a Colonel in 1969.

Looks like he had the American theater ribbon and WW2 Victory medal, with the National Defense, (2 stars) , Korean War, UN Korea, Vietnam War and Vietnamese Vietnam campaign medals as well as the usual USAF service ribbons. I do not think he had the occupation ribbon and he was out before they started handing out excessive achievement medals. 

He would have rated the Korean Korean War medal too, but they just started handing those out about ten years ago. 

thanks so much for your information,I just have these medals and know nothing about Walter E.Carson:(,and as you know Chinese government locked many web such as Google,I hardly find more information about him

On 2017/9/10 at 23:04, Ulsterman said:

Ah! I did not realize you were behind an internet " Great Wall". hang on-I'll have a look and and detail what I find below. Then others here who have bigger libraries/Ancestry I am sure can add more. 

thank u so much