News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kriegserinnerungsmedaille

Materia

Kriegeringmedaille - for civilians

Kriegeringmedaille mi Schwerern - for combatans

3 etuis, though 2 look nearly the same, beside the one of them being covered with a feint color. I am not sure if it did fade over time, or not. Some Österreich ribbons of the same medals have different color, and type. 

I have 4 medals at the moment, 2 of each kind, while only 1 is pure brass and has no coating on it. You should clearly see which one stands out. Latest photo from the link shows a comparison. I had more.

http://imgur.com/a/uj8Kx

13 photos included.

I do encourage everyone to post anything in regard to this medal. :)

k2.JPG

k1.JPG

Edited by Materia

Pretty cool. In the safe I have a similar one to #1 which was awarded to a civilian bureaucrat in the War Ministry in Vienna. The really cool thing about it is that it was awarded to him in New York in 1938-just before the Anschluss and he was a Jew. He also got the Hungarian civil award.  It might be hereabouts in one of the older threads.

• 1 year later...