News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mint Victorian 'bullion' badge...

Hi Gents

Don't worry about my feelings!

I only paid a quid for it.

i found it pleasing to the eye and still do. I'm glad to know what it is I have and I assure you all your thoughts and comments are appreciated and welcome!

i think I've been corrected on about 50% off my posts and I love it!

tony

11 minutes ago, Dave Wilkinson said:

Tony,

If that's what you paid for it, then its good value. It would have cost much more than that if you were to ask a supplier to make it for you. A nicely made item. Well done for having the foresight to grab it!

Dave. 

Hi Dave,

for just 99p actually! (plus p&p)

i was the only bidder on it on eBay.

i was surprised no-one else fancied a fiver on it regardless of age but good for me!

thanks again

tony

it has the queen Elizabeth crown (post 1953) on it not the Queen Victoria crown, fairly recently made and sadly not Victorian.  also to note, the blue central jewel was introduced sometime after the reign of Victoria, though it was still used up to c. 1920, but on the wrong shape crown.

1 hour ago, Jerry B said:

it has the queen Elizabeth crown (post 1953) on it not the Queen Victoria crown, fairly recently made and sadly not Victorian.  also to note, the blue central jewel was introduced sometime after the reign of Victoria, though it was still used up to c. 1920, but on the wrong shape crown.

Hi Jerry

thanks for the help. Clearly an incorrect ER2 crown settles it.

Much appreciated.

tony

• 2 weeks later...