News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

pictures from Freikorps members

Nice photos.

Top to Bottom:

Detachment von Randow Merit Cross I cl., Baltic Cross

Defence Badge of the V Army Corps, Silesian Eagle I cl.

Detachment von Neufville (Guard star collar badges), von Neufville Merit Cross I cl.

Freikorps Epp

Edited by bolewts58

2 hours ago, Ulsterman said:

yes. but note the breast badge

The breast badge is not Freikorps, but the 13th Stahlhelmbund Annual Meeting badge for 1932, held in Berlin.

The inscription in German notes that he was attending this rally.

Sthelm_13.jpg.f1423357742a92d388e2d4b89ad5dfeb.jpg

Edited by bolewts58

12 hours ago, Ulsterman said:

yes. but note the breast badge

I understand why some might mistake this for Freikorps as he's wearing oakleaf collars that look similar to many Freikorps collar badges. But, in fact, those oakleaf devices are Stahlhelm 'Wehrsport' collars.

stahlhelmbund-kragenauflage-wehrsport.jpg.e2271f96b10372d5a8d67831c02bdcd7.jpg

No. I knew he was Stahlhelm-I have their provincial rank lists. But Ithought the badge was a form of a unit form of the Polish uprisings badge. I have a photo of a Freikorps chap with this type of eagle badge with the Prussian shield on the chest.Nice and rare Wehrsport oaks. 

Edited by Ulsterman

• 3 weeks later...

What do we have here? A guy from the schönen Badner`land. A civil pic with a large Ordensspange.

I got the pic from the famous Lachmund collection.

He wears the IC, Baden SVM, Baden LDAII, Baltenkreuz, Baden LSC15y or Prussian 25y, and

2 Freikorps medals and the IC 1st class, Baltenkreuz 1st class, WB and cross of the Freikorps Awaloff.

Look at his cold eyes. I would bet, that he later went to the NSDAP.

zähringer180.jpg

Edited by ixhs

6 hours ago, dedehansen said:

Hi ixhs,

I think, that his medals on the bar are:

Baltenkreuz, Georgskreuz, Soldatensiedlungsverband Kurland and Medaille der Eisernen Division.

Kind regards

Andreas

agree. BTW, the Baltic Cross didn't come in classes. It simply was available either on a ribbon or as a breast badge and often both were worn together as is seen here. The cross for Freikorps Avaloff is actually referred to as Das Malteserkreuz der Russische-Westarmee and was a unit insignia, not an award. The Avaloff Cross is something different and was an award.

Edited by bolewts58