Gentleman's Military Interest Club
paja

WW1 Blanket

Could this by any chance be US WW1 era blanket?
I already posted it HERE.
It's pretty heavy and rough and it has no labels nor inscriptions.
All comments are welcome.
1000.JPG.074928bbc57453b2d1b6e4db7c6de30c.JPG
1001.JPG.a77a25e8ae77bd52b3e2c70f54b5d430.JPG
01.jpg.7c21aee352de83ec7552b1aa4a75f19f.jpg
02.JPG.905140ce3e5e5403ef397663615eafe8.JPG

Edited by paja

I do WWI re-enacting in the US twice a year and I can't recall seeing any examples of white blankets being used by the doughboys or sold by the vendors who come out to our site, but I realize that is not evidence of very much. 

This site says that there were a number of blanket types issued, some of which had a stripe, but all but the 1905 version [light blue] were 'olive drab' in colour, which is what I would have expected.

Edited by peter monahan

Thank you, Peter. 
The color of the blanket is actually light beige. I'm not sure if it's really US, considering that the Serbian troops received uniforms and equipment from the Allies after the retreat through Albania that's one possibility. I was looking for French and British WW1 era blankets and what I saw online looked even more different. I know how it goes with the "family stories", I'm not absolutely sure if it's true, but one thing's certain, this blanket has been in the family for five generations. Perhaps it isn't military issue at all...

Paja

My apologies!  I meant to post the link to the 'US Army blanket' site.  And, of course, now I can't find it again. :(

If it has been in the family 5 generations it is a true heirloom, whatever the origins!

Peter

Thank you, Peter. There's no need to apologize, if you stumble upon that site again please post the link in this topic.
Best regards