Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Hello

Can anyone provide me with more information about the following officer:

- Müller, Major - according to the death certificate in the archives they identifyed him as:  7 J.R. 464 -  56 (to me this looks like dogtag information)

He was KIA on 08.09.1944 in my Hometown (Tielt) when the car he was in was shot by a Tank during the fighting on that date, he was KIA togheter with at least one othe rsoldier and most probably a third also was killed.  His first name sadly not known.

The dates of the two other ones are: "Oberleutnant" ..... and no more info and the no rank and no name but solsely " 88/Jnf. Div. Stav 70".

Can anyone provide more info?

Cordial greetings,

It would seem that 8th September 1944 wasn't a good day to be a Müller as loads were killed on that day with that surname! However, I might have found him in the Volksbund database as he holds the rank and is buried in Belgium:

Major Ferdinand Müller

Born: 7th October 1899

Died: 8th September 1944

Buried: Lommel Block 39, Grave 435

Edited by hucks216

It is possible, although far from certain, that the soldiers buried next to him just might be those who were with him when he died. At the Ysselsteyn cemetery in The Netherlands Generalmajor Friedrich Kussin is buried next to the two soldiers who were also in his car when they were ambushed by British paratroopers so there is a slim chance that this could be the same for Müller.

Hi Kevin

If i can trace more about this soldier i wil let you know for sure!

Cordial greetings

Edited by hucks216