News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Identefication

Hello everybody

My name is Mats and i am from sweden and collect swedish military hats and helmets. I come across this mkII some years ago , but i have never found out what it really is? Could you please help me.

regards Mats 

IMG_0096.JPG

Mats,

I don't have a definite answer for you but a red band on WW2 Fire Brigade helmets denoted a Leading Fireman I believe, not saying that is what it is by the way. Could also be a Factory or Company logo represented on the front. Do not believe it represents a British Army Regiment but may be wrong.

Regards Simon

the helmet shell is by Fisher & Ludlow, a British maker.  Post War Irish army use seems most likely, or perhaps a civilian factory fireguard unit.  They only made shells between 1939-42, but the shells were reused by the irish into the post war period

2 hours ago, Dave Wilkinson said:

I think that the symbol on the front is one that may have been used by the Irish Civil Defence in the 1950's. Not sure but a possibility.

Dave.

That would make sense, post war Irish use.

• 4 weeks later...