News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial German Medal Bar - Opinions Please

Dear Eurorders

I would advice you not to buy the bar with the silezian eagle, it gives me a funny vibe for some reason. For example, the red eagle (a peace-time order) is placed in front of 2 wartimes order (Hanseatic cross and Silezian eagle). Another problem with this bar is the fact that there is a prussian cross for 15 years of service, which was only given out between 1913 and 1918. A red eagle order was only given out to officers. It would seem weird to me that he would receive an soldier/NCO service cross and a red eagle order only given to officers, and often only after a long time of service.

Kind regards, Laurentius

Thanks Laurentius. I appreciate that. Andreas, since these medal bars are not mine, but belong to another, I do not have the privilege of photographing the backsides of them.  I think, let's just go with our normal healthy skepticism and go with what is visible and known. I thank you all for your participation in this interesting quest or discovery.  

I have since learned from others in my circle that all of these with the exception of the small 3-place group are unlikely genuine medal groups. I am speaking only of the medal bars in last photos submitted covering just those two filled/jumbo cases. It is sad to me to learn that folks would create/fabricate "made-up" sets like what I heard. I am all into genuine things....So let us all now together turn the table of presumptions in this particular regard around to the other direction, namely going with the stance that just about every medal bar in those two cases of my friend are not the real thing -- unless I hear a good rendition otherwise in this forum. Otherwise, I will consider them to not be in the category of entirely real and true parade medal bars.