Gentleman's Military Interest Club
Morar Andrei

Where can I restore a WW1 photo, or even colorise it?

I'm living in Romania, Brașov county. But I'm looking for a restoration place for an old picture. Is there such a place in my county? I heard something, but I'm not sure. There may be one in Bucharest, but it's a bit far from here. Thank you!

Finally, here's an improvement. Any programne on computer to choose for this activity?

b.jpg.e7759607c71178f5e918d95af14a2f66.jpg

Nice work, Morar!  I know nothing of photo restoration, but I would guess that sicne you seem to have scanned the original to colourize it you should also be able to share it electronically with experts outside your local area.  There a number of people in France and the UK colourizing WWI photos and I know that one can do amazing things with the right software and some training and experience.  Good luck with this project!

Also, with a bit of help from someine else and a bit if comparrison with other similar photos, I could restore the background image, which became unclear after so many years. Hope it's good!

1stBW.jpeg

Morar

Just saw this for the first time.

I suspect, from the look of it that the background is a photographer's backdrop rather than a view of the outside, as was common at the time.  Actual outdoor photos were not very common.

I decided to try by myself on Photoshop. This is my first attempt.

tanc COLORAT.jpg