News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Serbia - Royal Household medal

I really like France, as you can came across so nice findings related to Serbia.

This is my latest acquisition, Royal Household medal, third class, from the period 1903-1914 (better known as third model), produced by G.A Scheid from Vienna. As you can see, it's almost in mint condition...

What is interesting, there are on the ring few markings. Hallmark of the producer (GAS), two marks of the Assay Office (letter ,,A" in the square), and the third which is one large ------ (almost like numer 1 in horizontal position) without any meaning to me.

Anyone who can explain me the meaning of that third mark?

I would try to post picture with details.

s-l500 (4).jpg

s-l500 (5).jpg

A very nice find indeed, congrats on your newest acquisition :beer:
    Maybe the third hallmark is badly imprinted silver fineness hallmark for small pieces - dog head and number 3 (.800)
    01.jpg.cff1ba81dcf8643d231d6d67c13879a6.jpg
    Illustration found here.

Edited by paja

• 1 month later...

And if i can contribute to the topic, this is an example of same medal manufactured by Arthus Berthrand. They were made from bronze and guilded, and the crown and letters are slightly different

IMG_6928.JPG

IMG_6931.JPG

And here we can compare and see difference between GA Scheid and Arthus Bertrand, golden ones with crown and without are manufactured by Arthus Bertrand and both silver medals are manufactured by GA Scheid 

IMG_6907.JPG

Edited by Veljko

• 2 weeks later...
    • 9 months later...

This might be a stupid question, but I just wanna try it anyway:))

I know there are boxes for this medal manufactured by G.A.S., but are there any boxes for this type of medal manufactured by Bertrand?