Gentleman's Military Interest Club
nickstrenk

2 Cuban Awards

Two Cuban awards-I created a new topic because of sending a link.The awards were sewed on the uniform,that is why clasps were removed.Notice the other awards,I wonder if somebody will determine them.

ca.jpg

cu.jpg

cas 418.jpg

On 9/11/2017 at 07:32, nickstrenk said:

Two Cuban awards-I created a new topic because of sending a link.The awards were sewed on the uniform,that is why clasps were removed.Notice the other awards,I wonder if somebody will determine them.

ca.jpg

cu.jpg

cas 418.jpg

For sure this is not a cuban ribbon bar.

Surely it is not pure Cuban ribbon bar,but there are 2 Cuban awards among them.Having time you can determine them.

Misunderstanding.

Orden "De la Solidaridad"

- Medalla Conmemorativa
"30 Anniversario de FAR"

Please,identify-Medalle Marco A.Somarriba?I expected Cuba but I am not able to find it among the Cuban awards.

c.jpg

Nicaragua. Ministry of the Interior Distinguished Service Medal. Comes in three classes - gold, silver and bronze.

There are very few published sources on Nicaraguan awards. However, one light in the darkness is a book published in 2002 by Luis H. Flores called"Nicaragua: It's Coins, Paper Money, Medals, Tokens".  The section on medals (which also covers military insignia) runs just over 100 pages and illustrates many of the awards from the Daniel Ortega period. This is the only place I've ever seen these Ortega-era awards.  It's a very hard book to find, but might be available through numismatic book dealers.