News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Collar star pair. Italian?

The Italian Army carried on the collar ,collar patches called Mostrina , and on these ,five pointed metallic stars .the famous stellete, all ranks carried the stars . they signified pertenence to the Armed Force. Apart , Officers ranks were marked by five pointed stars also .the stars were carried during ww1 on the cuffs .

These stars are exactly the same of my father's WW2 ones. I don't know if during WW1 they were made in the same way, i.e. with screws. The stars I had in the 80's did not have the screws any more.

Both officials and troop use stars, these were for troop.

Thanks both

your help and info appreciated

im happy I grabbed them whether ww1 or Ww2....

tony

13 hours ago, claudio2574 said:

These stars are exactly the same of my father's WW2 ones. I don't know if during WW1 they were made in the same way, i.e. with screws. The stars I had in the 80's did not have the screws any more.

Both officials and troop use stars, these were for troop.

19 hours ago, Bayern said:

The Italian Army carried on the collar ,collar patches called Mostrina , and on these ,five pointed metallic stars .the famous stellete, all ranks carried the stars . they signified pertenence to the Armed Force. Apart , Officers ranks were marked by five pointed stars also .the stars were carried during ww1 on the cuffs .