News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1st Army Medal Group with Name.

Hi Gents

picked these up a while ago....

im curious for your thoughts

----:-----

i got them cheap. Probably because the Africa star ribbon was reversed and as the bar was attached it looked like it was just put together - even perhaps fakes. 

I wanted the tag and patches.

when I took off the bar there was was indication it had been that way for more than a little while. I like to assume maybe he didn't mind or told his Wifey he didn't mind!

I've kept them all together since - just in case they belong together.

-------/----//--

IMG_4082.thumb.JPG.993f1fc38db0da879d98bbb7432e4d8f.JPGIMG_4083.thumb.JPG.756919e3740934956528b074e331b620.JPG

Do any of you Gents recognise the blue/yellow insignia please?

i'm curious if it backs up the 1st Army bar...

thanks

tony

Tony,

Nice little group to pick up together. Not very helpful I know but just to let you know that I have checked my books for the blue and yellow patch with no matches I'm afraid, never seen one in that shape before.

The blue and yellow colours are correct for the RASC Arm of Service stripe which is normally just a horizontal bar and can only assume that this is a field made example in that particular shape.

Here is a set currently for sale.

http://www.britishmilitarybadges.co.uk/products/ww2-royal-army-service-corps-rasc-cloth-arm-of-service-strips-stripes-pair.html

Fingers crossed you get a positive ID.

Simon

Edited by coldstream

Thanks Simon

i followed the link. Certainly the colours match mine so I'd agree happy it is an RASC insignia.

As you say it's most likely field made.....

fingers crossed I'll have more info to add one day.

tony

11 hours ago, coldstream said:

Tony,

Nice little group to pick up together. Not very helpful I know but just to let you know that I have checked my books for the blue and yellow patch with no matches I'm afraid, never seen one in that shape before.

The blue and yellow colours are correct for the RASC Arm of Service stripe which is normally just a horizontal bar and can only assume that this is a field made example in that particular shape.

Here is a set currently for sale.

http://www.britishmilitarybadges.co.uk/products/ww2-royal-army-service-corps-rasc-cloth-arm-of-service-strips-stripes-pair.html

Fingers crossed you get a positive ID.

Simon