News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

INFO SEARCH FRENCH VETERAN

TacHel

All,

One of my subordinates is retiring in a month's time after 37 years of service.  He recently discovered while going through his deceased grand-father's estate that the man had served in WW2 and after, retiring with the rank of Adj-chef (CWO) with the Médaille Militaire and Chevalier de la Légion d'Honneur, the other possible décerations are unknown besides perhaps a Médaille de la Résistance.

My colleagues and I would love to be able to hand him detailed information on his grand-father's service, any and all help would be sooooo appreciated!  He doesn't even have a photo of him in uniform!  Can anybody help in getting me service records?  Citations?  Photos?

Adjudant-chef Marcel Yves Le Bihan, Service du Matériel

At the beginning of the war he was in the 2e Régiment de Spahis Marocains.  he quite possibly served in the resistance in Bretagne between 42 and 45.

Our colleague is the last of his family line, there are no relatives to turn to...  I visited the French army historical web site, might as well forget it...

Any brave helpful soul out there?

Hello François,

I've not heard of or seen one so far.

Just a thought : could your man have become a Canadian national after the war and before he received the Legion d'Honneur ? Foreign recipients are not listed in the Leonore database ...

Regards,

Hendrik

3 hours ago, Hendrik said:

Hello François,

I've not heard of or seen one so far.

Just a thought : could your man have become a Canadian national after the war and before he received the Legion d'Honneur ? Foreign recipients are not listed in the Leonore database ...

Regards,

Hendrik

Neg...  He only visited Canada once prior to his death in 74.

Plenty of them but none with those first names :

LE BIHAN        Alain François Marie  1905/05/05    Finistère ; Lesneven  

LE BIHAN        Alphonse Edmond Louis        1882/12/17    Finistère ; Brest        

LE BIHAN        Ange Marie     1917/10/17    Loire-Atlantique ; Pont-Chateau      

LE BIHAN        Charles Marie Casimir          1798/12/01    Pays-Bas ; Delft         

LE BIHAN        Francis Alfred Henri   1890/11/24    Loire-Atlantique ; Saint-Nazaire      

LE BIHAN        François Marie           1896/01/15    Finistère ; Plouégat-Guerrand          

LE BIHAN        Félix François 1873/02/05    Côtes-d'Armor ; Saint-Igneuc           

LE BIHAN        Gustave Jean Adolphe           1869/01/11    Finistère ; Quimper   

LE BIHAN        Henri Lucien   1903/07/19    Finistère ; Kérity        

LE BIHAN        Hervé Marie    1892/06/09    Finistère ; Roscanvel 

LE BIHAN        Jacques Edouard Eugène Marie       1863/05/02    Finistère ; Brest        

LE BIHAN        Jean Mathurin           1881/06/29    Morbihan ; Locqueltas          

LE BIHAN        Joseph Léon   1895/07/17    Morbihan ; Port-Louis           

LE BIHAN        Joseph Marie  1882/09/12    Morbihan ; Pluvigner

LE BIHAN        Joseph Marie  1880/11/07    Finistère ; Plougasnou          

LE BIHAN        Joseph Pierre Marie   1887/04/05    Finistère ; Guilvinec  

LE BIHAN        Léon Joseph   1882/08/05    Morbihan ; Lorient    

LE BIHAN        Léon Victor Marie       1909/02/01    Loire-Atlantique ; Pont-Château      

LE BIHAN        Michel Yves Marie      1900/07/23    Finistère ; Pont-l'Abbé

LE BIHAN        Paul Emile Casimir Auguste  1830/08/17    Nord ; Valenciennes  

LE BIHAN        Pierre Désiré Charles 1865/06/06    Finistère ; Brest        

LE BIHAN        Yves François Marie   1872/04/30    Côtes-d'Armor ; Lannion       

LE BIHAN        Yves Henri      1875/11/05    Mayenne ; Laval

The dates and place names refer to birth date and place.

Regards,

Hendrik