News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help to identify this Epaulette

I retained these images for my Bavarian 10.IR archive, but this is not one I am well versed about. These are for a specific type of uniform, or may just dress up the usual uniform for certain events. I'd gather the 24.IR may have had this simple private purchase type, but is it a Bavarian specific style, or used by other German armies?

Lt 10IR.jpg

Edited by Fritz die Spinne

• 1 month later...

I have just read this thread. 

It is a Prussian epaulette from around 1825. 24th infantry regiment, located Neu-Ruppin and Prenzlau. Embroidered numbers with a dot behind were introduced in the year 1816. Since 1830 the numbers were made of metal.

20171227_172203_LLS.jpg.663c4062469bc1205443bde32dce3f32.jpg

My photo shows a pair of epaulettes of the 20th infantry regiment, same period.These early versions are much more interesting to me than the late epaulets, but they are hard to find.