News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian St Alexander Grand Cross badge?

• Replies 58
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Igor

I am not sure about the post i suppose it is because of the front of the box and the form of the crown

Here is a similar box for the 3rd Class of the Order of St Alexander

Graf

001.JPG

005.JPG

Yes Graf :beer: 

These boxes are similar ! :) 

On 29 בנובמבר 2017 at 19:38, ilieff said:

Hi all,

I hope it's not too off-topic but I wanted to contribute a little bit more to the discussion about crown variations...

I came across this interesting letter (unfortunately, only a screengrab, as it was part of a video) which has been sent to prime-minister Stambolov, asking him to approve the new design of the 100 Leva gold coin. In the letter the unknown bureaucrat complains that the Prince (Ferdinand I) has 'yet again changed the shape of the crown'.

He writes: 'Two years ago, it used to be like so [first icon from the letter], then it became [second icon], later it changed to [third icon] and now it's [fourth icon]' [...] and then gives some further details.

This is a fairly informal letter and not directly linked to phaleristics, but it clearly shows that the frequent experiments with the appearance of the Bulgarian crown which have been initiated about 1890 and, for a brief period, there have been many iterations, most of which (if not all) have been directly influenced by the Monarch. 

And just for visual reference, here's the final result of the 1894 golden coin:

http://www.bulgariancoins.com/re_BGCoinImages/1262963593_1894100LevaObverse.jpg

Regards,

Ilieff

Untitled-1.png

Coin from 1894 , but we have phaleristic Item from 1893 year 

( I have only picture :( ) 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Igor Ostapenko

Hi Igor

The crown before 1908 was princely one - French and Austrian Type

The Order you listed is 1908 Emission and is 2nd Class only.eMedals listen on Auction similar one with .again. wrong information.

They simply separated good 2nd Class Se, by the Austrian firm Shield on three parts Star, Cross and Box (2nd Class on the  front of the lid )

The Star could be either 1908 Emission or earlier. as far as it was made in Austria The used the same type of Stars for both emission The French Stars for the emissions prior to 1908 were different

Here are the two prior to 1908 Emission Types- Austrian and French  and a nice 1908 Emission  2nd Class with box (late model box)

NOTE  We are discussing only Prince/King ferdinand Emissions not the earlier Prince Alexander ones (The Russian ones)

Best

Graf

1240913712_5000_4000_1240913712.jpg

Alfr.jpg

DSC_00051.JPG

Hi Igor,

The box is very nice an is  more likely princely type

If the Cross comes directly from the Italian family and the Set can be traced to the awarded person it is very likely it is an award given an interim period. ...and could be 3rd Class. If there is not a strong evidence then the Set could be considered as a mix and match, because the Cross is 1908 Emission 2nd Class.if you have to follow strictly the design of the different Emissions The 3rd Class is the one listed by me earlier in post #27 with the green enamel

We discussed in the Forum that a very strict line was not drown between the Emissions and thre were many cases when items from two Emissions could be assembled in a Set

Hi Igor

The outer box is nice and very rare. Again it is more likely from the King Ferdinand period

Similar Set (box and carton)  was sold by eMedals...and this is the 2nd Class box for 1908  King Ferdinand  Emission Again this is only if we follow strictly the design from the different Emissions

STALEXWITHCART.jpg

StAlexboxcl2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...

http://www.museumsmolyan.eu/gallery_serafim.html 

Image 7 of 13

Народен орден „За военна заслуга” ІV степен (Офицерски кръст) и Грамота за него. Връчени на полк. Владимир Серафимов „за непорочна служба и извънредни заслуги във военно време“, Инв. № № К – 314–1, К – 314 – 2. 
    People`s Order “For Military Merit”, IV class (Officer`s Cross) and Charter. Presented to Colonel Vladimir Serafimov for “immaculate service and special merit” at war time.Inv. No К – 314–1, К – 314 – 2.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Igor,

Thank you for the photos, but these are for Military Merit order and there were no questions that it had tsar crown from the inception (before 1908).

Yes, aggree :) :beer: 

next - pictures from http://bulgariandecorations.com/pdf 

1st and 3rd class - white crosses ! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Order for Merit and Medal for Merit 

image.jpeg

some medal from Graf :beer: collection 

image.jpeg

Hi Igor

The crown before 1908 was princely one - French and Austrian Type ... 

Best

Graf

1240913712_5000_4000_1240913712.jpg

DSC_00051.JPG

Hi Graf,

place in box for crown of order princely type 

image.jpeg

and place in box for crown of my order 3-rd class 

image.jpeg

Best Regards, 

Igor 

:beer: