News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Star of Romania

Re attached photo. Both medals seem to have been produced by Weiss however have some misgivings for the one on the left. Does not show in any of the reference books I have and wonder if it is simply a fantasy piece or possibly a transitional medal for someone who had received the award in both peace and wartime situations. Possibly just a sample of an intended alternative medal? The medal is of good quality as shown in the photo.

IMG_0006.JPG

I know of no regulation that described the model to the left, so I assume it was made either as "transitional" insignia (as you put it) in ignorance of the regulations or directly as a fantasy piece to deceive collectors into believing it is a rare piece.  A giveaway should be the wrong ribbon on which is mounted.