News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Chris

Spot on, that is a beauty! For some reason he looks really cool, doesn't he?  

Nice one.

tony

-------

ps Chris

I know Leiber but not Leib yet. If you don't mind, would you please teach me bout 'leib' designation if you see what I mean please?

IMG_4534.thumb.PNG.d88e3628694ff1b104a73f5820d6e5f3.PNG

ive read before. One could google it but I'd rather ask you !

tony

0LeiberSoldbuchFotokl_Deich.thumb.jpg.8aa6a8bd7182cb510785ed42f7b2c186.jpg

Hi,

I´d like to add one. His name was Johann Wilburger. He got the MVK 3rd class w swords  plus EKII plus VWA in black as well as the Edelweiß-Abzeichen and the Leiberring. He was one of the last to get it (No 1067) in January 1919. That´s why it wasn´t noted in his Soldbuch with the last note penned in in Dec. 1918. But the Edelweiß-Abzeichen, the MVK and EKII are all registered inside. He was from Traunstein in Bavaria and served with the 12 company.

GreyC

1Leiber_Soldbuchkl.thumb.jpg.be43bb1660fb8a5e23279da0dd6bd672.jpg2Leiber_Soldbuch_1kl_Deich.thumb.jpg.3e38c50ef84f144e080937be9fec61e4.jpg3Leiber_Soldbuch_2kl_Deich.thumb.jpg.cbde2a81f80e87b0d11fef0ce4ec209d.jpg

Chris:

I don´t know, if "Life-Regiment" is the best translation. In former times a Leib-Regiment was translated with Body or bodyguard.

That sounds strange today, but if you would translate it with Life-Regiment it would be "Lebens-Regiment"

GreyC: The photo and the Soldbuch with the EW entry is absolutely phantastic!

3 hours ago, The Prussian said:

Chris:

I don´t know, if "Life-Regiment" is the best translation. In former times a Leib-Regiment was translated with Body or bodyguard.

That sounds strange today, but if you would translate it with Life-Regiment it would be "Lebens-Regiment"

GreyC: The photo and the Soldbuch with the EW entry is absolutely phantastic!

Hi,

I agree, I included the "Life" in brackets as it is like a lifeguard regiment, but it is not technically part of the translation so "guard" being the best possibility.

6 hours ago, GreyC said:

Hi,

He was one of the last to get it (No 1067) in January 1919. That´s why it wasn´t noted in his Soldbuch with the last note penned in in Dec. 1918.

GreyC

Hi,

fantastic find!

I know there are different theories on this, but I believe entries of the ring were dependent on the company the man was in and if the company Clerk had entered them on his own initiative. The Bavarian archive entries are also "mal so - mal so" when it comes to Ring entries.