News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Swedish Vaasa-orden

Dear fellow collectors

I have recently seen a photograph of a german WW2 officer, wearing the commanderscross of the swedish Vaasa-orden. Since then I have been trying to find out more about. I particularly like the design, which looks a lot like the german awards from WW1. I'm trying to find out about the design, the origin and whether they are still awarded. Might there be a website with this kind of information for collectors? I would also like to know if there are any militaria dealers/shops who happen to sell one at an affordable price.

Kind regards, Laurentius

Correct. When the system of orders in Sweden was reformed in 1974, this order was put 'on hold'.

I had for quite some time been looking for this order (don't need it anymore), so always mentally noted prices from dealers and auctions.
    The prices are quite stable - on average $400 for a Knight cross in gold and about the double for a Commander's cross in gold. Silver gilt versions are a little cheaper. For this order eMedal's prices are - surprisingly - quite reasonable. 

And I agree. It's a beautiful order.

Edited by Great Dane

I bought a Cased Commander Grade Vasa Orden last year (it was produced in the Gustav V era and was made by Carlmann, the official Court Jeweler of the Swedish Crown) for around $450 last year, I do think I got very lucky on that set. 

I wound up giving it to one of my friends who is Swedish and he treasures it very much. :) 

I am a big fan of the Order of the Sword and Order of the Polar Star, the Vasa Order is a beautiful award in its own right, but it is more of a non-military award. 

Edited by Stormrider59