News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mnangagwe Inauguration and medals of officers present

KC13

Hello, would anyone have access to clear photos of the various military officers showing their medals? From what I have seen so far, it almost seems that order of precedence tends to be up to the individual.

Edited by KC13

8 hours ago, Chris Boonzaier said:

I was surprised to see the ZIM army wears a version of the Rhodesian Cammo, 

I suspect, given t colheir current economic situation, that the Zim. Army wears whatever it can beg, borrow or steal and is bl**dy grateful to have it.  I'd bet gassing up thr vehicles and making sure all the ammo pouches are full is a major endeavour these days.  

5 hours ago, peter monahan said:

I suspect, given t colheir current economic situation, that the Zim. Army wears whatever it can beg, borrow or steal and is bl**dy grateful to have it.  I'd bet gassing up thr vehicles and making sure all the ammo pouches are full is a major endeavour these days.  

Strangely enough the cammo is not old stock... apparently the new has the drown printed over the green, the old had the green printed over the brown... or the other way around... or something like that....

rhodesian stocks of camoflage uniforms were worn by the zimbabwe army until 83/84 then replaced by a new design featuring green and brown vertical stripes on a khaki background for the dry season and a pale green background for the wet season in the 1990s zimbabwe reintroduced the rhodesian brushstroke pattern but with brown printed over green as chris correctly noted as a collector of bush war items i have never seen the vertical stripe pattern for sale it may well be in storage or destroyed i have heard some references call it the monkey hand pattern

• 5 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

You rang?

Looks like the badge appendant from the chain Mnangagwe is wearing, which is the collar of the Zimbabwe Order of Merit - they use it as the President's badge of office.

Red star, green wreath, gold centre motif; above is the arms of Zimbabwe: -

Coat_of_arms_of_Zimbabwe.svg