News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Serbian M1896 Cockade - Original or Fake?

• 3 weeks later...

Very interesting and actual topic Paja. I can add an opinion / gossip that majority of cockades of Kingdom of Serbia and Yugoslavia/SHS are newly produced in Zagreb, that some well known names and even bookwriters  on military topics are involved. I am pretty much sure that you heard this story too. All those newly made cockades are excellently produced so it is allmost imposible to notice the difference between them and the old ones. 

I also saw same question and discussion on one other serbian militaria forum about this same cockade. I can add that one of the discutants there is a person involved in production  and distribution of those  new ones, as i heard.

Edited by Veljko

On 12/16/2017 at 19:36, Veljko said:

Very interesting and actual topic Paja. I can add an opinion / gossip that majority of cockades of Kingdom of Serbia and Yugoslavia/SHS are newly produced in Zagreb, that some well known names and even bookwriters  on military topics are involved. I am pretty much sure that you heard this story too. All those newly made cockades are excellently produced so it is allmost imposible to notice the difference between them and the old ones. 

I also saw same question and discussion on one other serbian militaria forum about this same cockade. I can add that one of the discutants there is a person involved in production  and distribution of those  new ones, as i heard.

I've heard those rumors as well, sadly they seem to be true. In the beginning I wasn't really suspicious because, as you said, most of them look pretty good. The huge number of various cockades including some extremely rare ones being offered by the same small circle of sellers made me think something's wrong.

On 12/20/2017 at 19:45, new world said:

is enamel hard or soft?

I'll ask the owner and let you know.

Paja ; Gentlemen : There are a few points about the cockades , one the type of metal , second how it was gilded and last but not least ,the type of enamel As new world asked . the enamel or glaze must be of the hard type .this material is prone to chipping . the best manner of discover the truth is to buy a cockade and made to it tests ,