Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Not sure if this Burmese award is included in forum

Sadly this is a unnamed medal

Google search says "A large (51mm) gold medal awarded during the colonial period. The Burmese on reverse reads: Ahmu-dan-gaung Tazeik-ya Min (An official who has been awarded the medal for good service) and entitled to use the letters ATM after his name. The two other levels of the order were: Kyet thaye zaung Salweya Min (An official who has been awarded the Sash of Glory) and used the letters KSM after name; Thuye gaung ngwe Daya Min (An official who has been awarded the Silver Sword for Heroism) and used the letters TDM after name. "

20171114_231501.jpg

20171114_231433.jpg

Lone Wolf,

An interesting Medal and certainly one I have not come across before. Do you know the official title of this Medal, I have checked my resources and can't find it, also wondered if you know what ribbon was used?

Regards Simon.

Beautiful. I’ve never seen one before. When Professor Google called it a “gold medal”, was he refering to the colour or the content of the metal? Very nice, indeed!

Mike

@peter monahan this is Burmese equivalent to title badge, the difference is this is made out of gold and title badges were struck in silver

Just now, Mike McLellan said:

Beautiful. I’ve never seen one before. When Professor Google called it a “gold medal”, was he refering to the colour or the content of the metal? Very nice, indeed!

Mike

Yes Mike it seems it's referring to it's content.

There were 3 categories if this medal, however I have never seen other two

What a grand piece of work!  Many thanks for showing us.  I was thinking 
Title badge" before I read Peter's comment.  Feeling mildly smug.  

Hugh

Excellent!  Another tidbit of really valuable info. to add to what a former girlfriend called my 'storehouse of mental dross'! ;)

Serioulsy, this sort of thing is why I haunt this site - nowhere else would people know or care about such beautiful and historically important objects.