News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Trying to recreate an uniform

Morar Andrei

I'm trying to recreate a Hoved corporal uniform, most probably the 1908 model, similar to the one from my photos. I want to know what is it composed from? What materials should I use? What colours? Thank you very much! Hope to show you when will be done... Here is the photo I'm using for:

d468ab4858eb8f4605c85584139076b4_ecdc9a09-4ad4-427c-a195-2cc32243fd57.png.d67cd333b511757923b09bbce42b8975.png.f0529864feaf554bf4646e7d57c175eb.png

1bb62bbe284bbca870bc98653db2d9f1_feb707ba-1a69-435c-a5d5-1c14211c0c4b.thumb.png.52b0e765127af2e1c26ddda5b5b62cd3.png

Someone else suggested that this might be a wartime uniform, due to the simplicity (the dark blue one). The guy wearing it was a Transylvanian who fought during the Great War, from the modern Brasov County. Anything that might help about the material of the uniform or any colour to use fir recreating this one? Thank you anyway!

Wraith 42 : Gentleman Morar either not read my posts or dont understand me . Yes its a pre war field uniform of general use before the adoption of the pike grey one .It comprised a blue Bluse identical to the later pike grey ; pike grey trousers . and a field cap . the parolis (facings) were in regimental colour . The Hungarian Honved had madder red facings ; Hungarian trousers in pike grey with hungarian knots in red over the front of the thighs and black ankle boots . gold buttons were used only in the cap and shoulder tabs. later with the adoption of the pike grey the colour of the facing of Honved infantry changed to Slate grey.but surely you know all this .

• 3 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...

Morar Andrei , In Germany exists a firm named Bekleidungsamt XIII .the manufacture high quality uniforms of ww1 replicas . mostly Germans but also Austro Hungarian ones .I suggests you to take a look to the page : Beklidungsamt XIII . and contact the owner .you can do the contact in English .

I start thinking that it is a bit expensive to search in Germany or in other foreign country first, even if I know they have very good quality (a uniform arround 200-300 euros is very expensive here - if we consider 4.6 lei, the national coin = 1 euro, you may need to pay the same price as your whole salary for a month). That's why I want to find: is there any good quality company here, in Romania, that is producing this kind of uniforms? Or maybe ehould I contact first the"Military Tradition" (the largest re-enectment society from Romania, also present every year at the National Parade on December 1st) association to find more? Can I find something much cheaper, but still with a fairely decent quality? The cheapest way would be to create it by myself, or search on the nearby villages after any remaining uniform (people tend in this area to keep old uniform - I know someone on a nearby village that has 2 Romanian uniforms from both World Wars). Any information from Romania would be useful.

Morar Andrei , Its a reasonable one your point of view . certainly the German made uniforms are expensive . Exists another manufacturer in the Czech Republic . WWW militarie uniformy repliky cz rakousko uhersko htm. perhaps their prices are lower . another option is to search into Romania . First in the cinematographic studios . also among reenactors . A certain Mr Dragos Diaconu manufacture high quality Romanian uniforms .