News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Oberstlt A.D. Josef Bischoff - Ribbon Bar---- Help.

Hello, I am seeking help from the forum experts regarding the awards of Oberstlt. A.D. Josef Bischoff commander of the Eiserne Division in 1919. Major Josef Bischoff was awarded the Pour le Merite in June 30 1918. His estate was recently auctioned in Germany, and it included his ribbon bar. I have tried to identify his medals..Could anyone here provide me with more information about the date of these awards, or in general, about Josef Bischoff's service? Thank you very much in advance!

rbjb.jpg

excel_list.jpg

I am posting this at other forums as well. Thanks again!!!

Edited by GMU

Anyone, anyone?

Can anyone with access to HHO rolls confirm hho3x on sept or oct 1917?

Is there anyone with access to Bavarian Militar Merit Order award recipients that can confirm this mvo4?

The ribbon on #10 is that of the Ottoman War Medal right?

Again, I will appreciate very much your help!!!!

Thanks

25 minutes ago, ccj said:

That’s a vey interesting ribbon bar. I can’t help you but certainly another member can.

do you own this bar and can you post the reverse side?

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I wish someone could help me answer these questions. Again, thanks in advance for any help received.. :)

B8_C6_B2_DA-3_FE0-47_F1-_A81_C-348_B6_E2

4060_A9_AB-_F9_B6-4_C15-_AD0_C-_B12_EC65

Thank you Andy!  Yes, I have seen this particular page. As a matter of fact, I have searched all over the internet and over  several forums for more information without much success. This page confirms his PLM on 30.06.1918 and both his RAO4x and KrO4x in 1908.

He entered service in 1892 with 4 years in Schutztruppe, so he must have gotten his DA25 in 1913. The 1914 Rangliste confirms this award by 1914.

He was a Major when war started so it was pretty obvious he got both his EKs early on.

As a Prussian soldier with PLM he must have surely received the HHO3x before his plm award.

Bavaria, the second largest kingdom in importance after Prussia must have followed suit with his MVO4x.

The thing is that I would like more help from people with access to the award rolls, so that they can confirm dates, and answer the questions I posted before.

Thanks again Andy for your kind help

Edited by GMU

Hi

In DOA from 1909

image.png.d56c105177d12a74c139375429574a56.png

Christophe

In the Geile's book, the HHO3X is awarded on 20 October 1917

Bischoff received the Bavarian Military Merit Order 4th class with swords and crown on 28 November 1915.

It is strange that the crown not appeared here on the BVO ribbon and appeared on the HHO3X ribbon. That's all I can find for the moment

• 2 years later...

Sorry for being a bit late on the conversation but haven't been monitoring this forum for some time.  If interested, I am writing a biography of Maj. Bischoff (1872-1948).  Bischoff's first posting in Africa was in East Africa.  He went back to Africa in 1904 to serve in the Herero Rebellion in 1904.

• 1 year later...
    On 20/12/2017 at 23:26, GMU said:

Hello, I am seeking help from the forum experts regarding the awards of Oberstlt. A.D. Josef Bischoff commander of the Eiserne Division in 1919. Major Josef Bischoff was awarded the Pour le Merite in June 30 1918. His estate was recently auctioned in Germany, and it included his ribbon bar. I have tried to identify his medals..Could anyone here provide me with more information about the date of these awards, or in general, about Josef Bischoff's service? Thank you very much in advance!

rbjb.jpg

excel_list.jpg

I am posting this at other forums as well. Thanks again!!!

Did you ever get a complete list? To the right of the Südwest-Afrika Denkmünze I can see the Kolonial-Denkmünze.

• 9 months later...
    On 10/08/2021 at 15:48, Deutschritter said:

Did you ever get a complete list? To the right of the Südwest-Afrika Denkmünze I can see the Kolonial-Denkmünze.

Hello, I am sorry for the very late response. This information is what I have gathered so far.

awards-list.jpg

J Bishoff's PLM and medal bar:

jb-decorations.jpg

This is the only photo I have of him wearing a medal bar. This appeared in a 1920 newspaper covering his involvement in the Kapp-Putsch.

JB.jpg

I do not know if he is wearing  the same medal bar that came with his estate.