News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Freiherr Horst Julius Treusch von Buttlar-Brandenfels

Thank you, Vince.  I remember reading that before about your dad!  I'm sure you've read B-B's book, it is a hoot (not the raids against England, but his hijinks on the ground).

Now if I do a famous chest I'll just have to let my imagination run wild!

Hannes sees  the PLM, HHOx, Ek1&2, HamburgX and Friedrich August X 1&2 (the last two incl. Hamburg Cross many airshippers seem to have gotten).  But I think there may be are one or two more I see in photos...

Happy hunting in 2018!

Edited by Luftmensch

You can laugh, but while I'm not the kind of guy to hobble to Lourdes and leave my crutches (if I had crutches to leave),  I am DEFINITELY mailing my B-B famous chest to you once I build it so you can touch it.  I assume your dad shook hands with B-B at some point, and you've touched your dad.  Maybe there is some of B-B's DNA on you!!!  Time to take the tablets...  

Edited by Luftmensch

LOL John, I've been on crutches quite a bit lately due to an accident, so no joking about such things. On a lighter note, I'm looking forward to your project regarding our friend Buttlar. My dad was impressed that he was a Pour le Merite winner, since he grew up in East Prussia, where such orders were held in high regard.

Wow, maybe this will be a two-way miracle, Vince.  A laying on of hands and a laying on of Heilige Ordensspange!  Can we have a photographer present?

Thanks, Christophe.  Not really being a medal guy I thought "x" meant "cross"!  

Alex (jaba1914) emailed me the following IDs--

1. Eisernes Kreuz 2.Kl. (09.01.1915)
    2. Hausorden von Hohenzollern, Ritterkreuz mit X
    3. Hohenzollern (not Prussian) Ehrenkreuz 3. Kl with X -- but I'm not sure.
    4. Oldenburg, Friedrich-August-Kreuz 2. Kl.
    5. Hamburg, Hanseatenkreuz
    6. Austria, Militärverdienstkreuz 3. Kl