News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help needed to put Fallschirmjager Tunic together.

Hi guys I've brought a stripped down tunic recently and want to reconstruct. I need advice on collar tabs, shoulder boards, ribbon board, awards, buttons, breast eagle, cuff title (one each side). The eagle and buttons are ones I already have. Should the buttons be silver? Let me know your thoughts. Gerard

IMG_6421.JPG

IMG_6424.JPG

IMG_6425.JPG

IMG_6423.JPG

IMG_6422.JPG

• 1 month later...

You need to get the officer’s braid for the collar.  You would have had better luck making an NCO or EM out of him, but if you do that you would need the waffenfarbe trim.  Your breast eagle is an enlisted one, not officer one either.  Did you see it through the liner because that is not correct? Did you blacklight and burn test the buttonhole EK ribbon?  It looks a little crisp and new; may be postwar added. I am not an expert with Luftwaffe stuff, but I would suggest that you get some reference books on the subject.

Look at these pictures.  You are going all wrong with your impression.

Look up the website therupturedduck.

5FA91FA2-E08C-43A7-B61B-360F1629F806.png

D75F5B38-3B71-435D-8598-72F2C91160E2.png

4086F38E-A7C4-48F1-A480-BAE94F77ADA1.png

C7F02845-99CA-4859-911D-A1965B80A18B.png

• 1 month later...
    41 minutes ago, Gerard Auckram said:

Thanks for all the help. Here’s an update photo. I’ve had to use a few repo items. Iron cross, cuff title, officers tress and paratroopers badge. Still need an Officers eagle and replace the ribbon board. 

8E967FB8-E326-4D87-BCA6-B9A8D62CB771.jpeg

It is coming around, however, you have put NCO tresse on the collar lapels.  Look at the photo I previously added.  The officer braid is a twisted cord.  Your cufftitle needs to be on the other sleve.  Depending on the impression for your ribbon bar, you still have a WWI fledspangen; it would look more accurate with a WWI/WWII combo bar, or straight WWII bar.

• 1 month later...

Hello sir.  I am sorry to do this to you, but the tunic itself is post war.  Secondly, the collar tress you have on it is for an NCO.  Finally,  Fallschirmjager used mainly yellow waffenfarbe. 

Hello sir.  I am sorry to do this to you, but the tunic itself is post war.  Secondly, the collar tress you have on it is for an NCO.  Finally,  Fallschirmjager used mainly yellow waffenfarbe. 

I definitely agree.  I have seen some Luftwaffe Engineers (Black Waffenfarbe) with Fallschirmjagers, but never Red.  Great input.