Gentleman's Military Interest Club
Chris Boonzaier

Bavarian Officers Field Grey with interesting addition....

The Bavarian 12th and 12th Reserve Regiment are ones that I really focus on (Other than Alpenkorps) and I had an eye on this tunic for ages, inspite of the fact that there is no name tag... what is also very interesting is a pocket on the inside flap. It is actually a double pocket, the back part is a regular wide pocket, then the front pocket is a leather one. As you can see, the back one opens the whole length the front one is like a pouch you put your hand into (falf of it is sewn closed)... I assume it is done in leather because of the strength, and I assume some military equipment purpose and not because he always had a pocket full of points pistachheo nuts... and thoughts?p1.thumb.jpg.07ed726c36542a8779362c78f0cea789.jpgp2.thumb.jpg.8b511ca3eae1307ee1b155f337dfe46e.jpgp3.thumb.jpg.184a67ab3a30ee2a7c0227f2bf12f1b7.jpg

These rayon linings were notorious for wearing through. When you add a second pocket for extra storage, the bulging pocket would wear through much faster than normal.....thus the leather reinforcement.

Chip

I guess the inside one was for papers and stuff, the outside one for things that may wear a hole through.

It may be an officer, but I love it :-)

That pocket was of great interest to me as well. I have been spying it too