News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with Great East Asia War Medal in group, please

Brian Wolfe

I would like the opinion of the members here in the Japanese section regarding the group shown below, in particular the Great East Asian War Medal.

I have had this group for a number of years and have always wonder if the GEAWM might have been one issued just prior to the war’s end when all existing stocks were ordered destroyed by the Occupational authorities.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you might be able to extend to me.

Regards

Brian

100_6698.jpg

100_6699.jpg

100_6700.jpg

100_6701.jpg

Well, it looks as if I have finally reached "that" age; I had completely forgotten that I had posted this group before.  I must admit to still be in a fog as to being able to tell if the medal in question is a replica or not, therefore I will have to assume that it is.  Assumption flies in the face of good historial research but it looks as if I will have to let this one pass.

Regards

Brian